Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MGL - XI Game 4 : Alex Kidd The Lost Stars

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)

It's not so bad A challenging platformer for sure, akin to the Monty Mole series on the C64 or Ghosts and Goblins in the Arcades, both of which I spent a fair bit of time on.

It's learnable enough, ie what the enemies are going to do / where they're going to do it. First two rounds aren't actually that bad once you've gone through them a few times to learn, but I didn't get too far at all in round 3, those swinging blob things were kind of tricky.

Good nomination

State
    murray bridge
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

just liked the look of the game had quick before nom didnt seem to bad boy was I wrong reckon it will sort the men from the boys safe bet I'll b on the boys team

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I agree about learning the levels jamma except for that @#$%ing teddy bear boss on stage one, I just can't get the timing for it yet, found the stage 2 boss/ending a lot easier.

In fact I bet there's only a floating head left because someone else has already ripped the padded thing off after landing on note after note after note .
    Last edited by Taverner; 15th June 2010 at 11:02 PM.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Was thinking if your game is nominated , you have to give an explanation why you nominated this game.
    That's a great idea Dkong, then we can all enjoy a bit of background story attached to the game of the week, there's usually stories attached to people's faves, I for one would like to hear them

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    That's a great idea Dkong, then we can all enjoy a bit of background story attached to the game of the week, there's usually stories attached to people's faves, I for one would like to hear them
    Yep, i'd like to hear some stories as well. Good idea

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by retrogamer View Post
    Ok.....I have persevered with this one for a couple of hours tonight and without any reservations i must declare with wild abandon that .....
    GOOD GOD I AM HATING THIS GAME!!!
    I have had to walk away from my machine in a state of utter disgust and it is with the tears of complete frustration still rolling down my face that i try and express the utter sense of hopelessness and despair i feel due to my interaction with this ... this ... abomination!
    'chokes on a sob' .... 'gasp' ..... 'sniffle' ...... 'deep breath' ....... s'ok ...... im cool .... 'wipes eyes on sleeve'.......' eyes darken with steely glare'......'jaw clenches in resolute determination'........
    Round two tomorrow you bastard game!

LOL.............I will read this quote to the Mrs next time she says "you don't have to play it you know" after I let out another exasperated "GRRRRRRRR"

I used to enjoy the Original Alex the Kidd on my Sega Master System, but have not given this version more than a quick look, will have go now

Yeah I agree with the stories about why you nominated a game, in fact I started doing that with my nominations on the noms thread weeks ago.

Also noticed that "The Pinny Parlor" who nominated Crazy Balloon 5 times is yet to play a game in this comp. Didn't play last couple of MGL's either. Can we please regard his nomination as spam? I don't think people should need to play all games to be in the MGL, but to just nom one game and not play others at all doesn't seem to joining in the spirit.

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

69, 070

I really like all the chat that goes on about the games during the MGL's, it's fun to be reminded of games you used to play or find something new but its also good to hear about who played what where . This one's all new to me though, went from C64 to the megadrive with home consoles and definitely don't remember it from the arcades.

My daughters not real happy that I keep killing the little monkey either, in fact this morning I managed to jump down the same chute three times in a row .
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Hmmmm, I can see why I didn't play this for long when I first saw it.

The developers really got it wrong with the difficulty curve here, I wonder how well they could play it themselves.

I'm usually ok at platformers like this, and have got to the end of Ghost's and Goblins in the arcade. But this game doesn't give me the feeling of progression enough to even rate it any replay value.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1431 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Also noticed that "The Pinny Parlor" who nominated Crazy Balloon 5 times is yet to play a game in this comp. Didn't play last couple of MGL's either. Can we please regard his nomination as spam? I don't think people should need to play all games to be in the MGL, but to just nom one game and not play others at all doesn't seem to joining in the spirit.
    I give that idea the Julian Rignall Two Thumbs Up.

Edit: I'm not finding this game especially hard, and the learning curve reasonable. maybe some of you are getting soft ?

I'm enjoying it a lot more than @#$%^@#$%^ choplifter, which I've just found out is very playable on a keyboard, bit late on that one

2nd Edit: I *am* now finding this game especially hard, level 3 is just horrible.
    Last edited by Jed; 17th June 2010 at 04:30 PM.

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Thats it for me for this game, will be away for the next few days.
    Play nicely and enjoy the game
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DKong; 21st June 2010 at 01:36 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information