Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

WTB : Neo Geo Carts

I recently purchased a Neo Geo and would like to get some games for it so if you have anything spare let me know as i will consider most things.

What am I specifically after?

I dunno, just a fun range of games to play probably 3-4 games at this stage with maybe more in the coming weeks.

Things like Metal slug 1 X or 3, KOF 98 or 02, Baseball Stars 2 , Strikers 1945, Samurai Showdown 4, Garou, Ghost pilots, Aero Fighters.

I have a limited budget so if any of the above games are ultra rare then they would be too expensive for me :)

Let me know what you have and how much you would like for them.

hey dude just buy a 1xx in 1. Probably got all if not most games u want on it. Saves having to muck around with plugging in different carts etc

I think that is a smart idea but for some reason when I have the option of too many games i get flustered trying to decide which one to play and in the end dont end up playing anything or getting quickly frustrated.

Sounds strange I know but its like having a large collection of DVDs and staring at them for 30 mins trying to decide what to watch :)

For me having a couple of carts that need to be interchanged I think works best, especially while I am trying to work out what i like instead of jumping from game to game and not really giving them a go.

I am wierd arnt i :D

Those 100 in 1 carts are poop and most of the games are hacks

Pretty much why I have held off buying one.

I'm not a huge fighting fan, so 75 versions of KOF doesn't interest me at all.

I'm only chasing 2 more games, and i'm pretty sure they aren't on the multi carts.

Those 100 in 1 carts are poop and most of the games are hacks

I agree to some extent, I think (like many others) that they shoud get rid of all the hacks and just call it a 50 in 1 or 70 in 1 with original games. Not going to happen but some allow you to hide games, so maybe hiding all the hacks helps.

They are a cheap way of getting alot of games for a cheap price though.....its a tough call :)

Problem: Trying to buy 'genuine' MVS carts will typically result in you owning a bootleg anyhow.

Problem: Due to the collectors nature of MVS carts some of them are quite rare and bloody expensive.

I don't know, I'm more of a gamer than a collector and I don't necessarily want matching serials, complete kits with artwork & exuberant prices. I just want a cost effective way to play these games and given the age of the system I think we're entitled to it. SNK are no longer drawing revenue from these products so why should some random individual on eBay?

So yeah, multi-carts suck compared to originals but they do serve a need.

How do you tell a bootleg from a genuine? :o

Open the cart and check the PCBs. Stus website is a good place to check what the boards should look like, and he even has some pics of bootleg PCBs.

http://www.boredstu.com/

EDIT: more specific link http://www.boredstu.com/neogeo/games/neogameslist.html

(click on the game title for details you wish to see)

Where's the fun in a 100 in 1? I reckon it is cheating! Might as well just play them all on NeoRage if it's about saving $$ and get as many games as you can.

Nothing beats the feel of the genuine original cartridge! :unsure

So do you reach in an feel the cartridge before every game :unsure :laugh:

It's not hard to tell bootlegs when you have been playing with neo carts for a while. 99% of the time you can just shine a torch through the slots to see the markings on the chips and from those you can tell if it's legit or not. Opening carts trashes the labels so one should be carefull when opening carts...especially any cart with a paper label, tear that sucker straight in half.

Opening carts trashes the labels so one should be carefull when opening carts...especially any cart with a paper label, tear that sucker straight in half.

I should have mentioned that. All the carts I have opened so far have been fine though (by hinging the cart apart on an angle, not to upset the label too much) but as Stu says, be careful.

For every pcb scan on my site, there is a cart i had to open somewhere..hehe. Got plenty of shit to add to it now i've got all the carts to....not gonna happen for a few months yet but i'll get around to it