Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post

But in this game I got a special bonus for some reason? I was on round 8 where the screen is divided into quarters and I doused the last fire as it was walking around the middle of the top left quarter. When I did I heard a bonus sound (I think that was me getting a free man for 100k) and a wine glass popped up where I killed the last fire. They usually only pop up in the middle of the screen. I'm assuming this gave me 100k bonus. Final score is for round 10

Perhaps it was because of where I killed the last fire? or maybe because I had killed "X" amount of walking fires? I dunno, I have never seen or heard of this bonus before. If I can replicate it I will let you know.

I feel a bit funny about this score, but it's not a known cheat, more an unknown bonus, so I felt I could post it as a legit score. If anyone thinks that is not in the spirit of the game let me know. What do you think DKong ?
    I think we have to allow these bonus's , it is a part of the game and not a cheat really, IMO cheating is altering the game rules or game to give you an unfair advantage, these bonus's are designed into the game so should be allowed

I think we have to draw the line on cheats/tricks that give you no firing enemies, infinite lives or 255 or whatever it is on some games.

Where do we draw the line Do we not allow bonus's like the 50,000 bonus in BombJack, will just get too complicated IMO.

Now to try and find that 100,000 bonus, I suppose I will have to make it to round 8 first

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Yeah I think we have to take it on a case by case basis, there are other games that have areas where you can points scab. Sitting in one spot getting points for jam without progressing in the game should not be allowed, most games have timers to stop this, but some don't.

Update, the bonus was NOT for the amount of walking fires killed, keep looking.

I will try and find more time to play, I would like to beat that score without the bonus if I can.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Yeah I think we have to take it on a case by case basis, there are other games that have areas where you can points scab. Sitting in one spot getting points for jam without progressing in the game should not be allowed, most games have timers to stop this, but some don't.

Update, the bonus was NOT for the amount of walking fires killed, keep looking.

I will try and find more time to play, I would like to beat that score without the bonus if I can.
    Sounds like Rat found an Easter Egg, we've played quite a few other games where getting these are part of the fun (Scrambled Egg for instance) and adds another element to the game I reckon - how to find out how to get the huge bonus! I certainly don't see it as a part of the game that shouldn't be allowed, as it wasn't a deliberate exploit, more happenstance.

Tried to google it just now ie "guzzler 100k bonus" doesn't seem to be much on the net about it, probably cause it's not a well known game...

The hunt is on

State
    190 Yorktown Road, Craigmore SA
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    I think we have to allow these bonus's , it is a part of the game and not a cheat really.
    I was going to suggest use the rules from twin galaxies, but for slap fight they say "Player is allowed to use the no fire trick on their first ship"

State
    Perth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To me a cheat generally consists of "press this, then this, then this" type commands or entering certain characters into the highscore/username table where it doesn't occur during the playing time within the game. If it occurs as a glitch or other such planned entry within the game then it should be available.
    I'm sure there are other rules that are more well know in arcade competition circles but I'm just speaking as a MGL virgin (well up to last week anyway)!

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think the Twin Galaxies suggestion is a good one and then just each game on its merits. Some like the Slap Fight one are mainly score bonuses (the extra power ups etc arent that big of a bonus so early on) and it's easiest just to allow them but as mentioned before others like the Galaga no-shooting trick really change the way the game is played and would pretty much ruin it for anyone that wanted to play it correctly.

Definitely for Guzzler this one looks like a hidden bonus not a cheat and I just want to know what it is .

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1428 Post(s)
    A bit more googling later...they've played Guzzler recently over at classicarcadegaming.com, in a tourney last month in fact. There's chat about finding bonus etc, how to trigger the g-u-z-z-l-e-r bonus, and how to trigger 'The Prize' (start highlander music) but thay also go on to say that 'the bonus acheived was hardly worth the effort' so definitely could not have been the same 100k that Rat found.

Initial details here for anyone interested in data mining, cause not sure I can be arsed looking further.

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/f...e;topic=2646.0

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    Here is my best score without the bonus

round 12

Won't be able to play anymore this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

I agree with the Twin galaxies suggestions.
    Where abouts on the twin galaxies site do you find the rules for each game

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information