Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Leader Board

MGL XI Leader Board

1. Rat

176 points ( 1 win)

2. Taverner

172 points ( 2 Wins)

3. Jammasized

163 points (2 wins)

4. Ramere

156 points (2 wins)

5. DKong

128 points

6. kane

125 points

7. SectionZ

111 points (1 win)

8. cartman.tmw

91 points

9. wingtipvortex ( 1 win)

86 points

10. Foot

77 points

11. gameroom

69 points

12. oldschool64

55 points

13. MonoJoker

51 points ( 1 win)

14. spl

50 points

15. retrogamer

44 points (1 win)

16.Baker

9 points

17.jardine

5 points

Edited by DKong

• 3 weeks later...

Current Ladder after Game 4.

No huge gaps between placings but a huge gap between first and last.

Taverner set as the favourite after 4 games, although Jammasized closing and I would also have a few dollars on SectionZ as bit of mover towards the top placings.:D

Was definitely expecting to be at the other end of the table at this point but playing my first MGL and with a cabinet that's only a few months old I'm probably putting more time into these games then a grown man should :laugh:.

Still predicting a mid season sky dive though.

• 4 weeks later...
Was definitely expecting to be at the other end of the table at this point but playing my first MGL and with a cabinet that's only a few months old I'm probably putting more time into these games then a grown man should :laugh:.

Still predicting a mid season sky dive though.

A few weeks later and you are still up there, Trophy even ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The smart money has got to be on Rat eh!

9 points clear of 2nd, 11 points clear of 3rd, and a classic like this comes up - Rat's too good an all-rounder not to also have the skillz here. I'll still be giving it a damn good try though. Galaxian was a turning point for the top three placings.

Love the MGL :) Without it my cab would just be playing NBA Jam and Kung Fu Master most of the time (made floor 4 the other day, oo-rah)

Yep never played new rally x before so not likely to make a late charge, still I'll be well happy if I can hold on for 3rd :D and definitely an MGL convert now played some great games, classic and otherwise, that I would have just kept scrolling past otherwise. Time Pilot 84 was probably a favourite for me though going back and really putting some effort into Slap Fight, which I had played a lot as a kid (cause it was a 20c cheapy) but was never any good at, was also great fun.

Another few MGLs though and I think I'll have to switch the P1 button 1 with the P2 button 6 cause I am soo not light on them :) still at that rate I'm sorted for a few years before I have to dig down the back of the couch for enough money to get a few replacments.

The smart money has got to be on Rat eh!

9 points clear of 2nd, 11 points clear of 3rd, and a classic like this comes up - Rat's too good an all-rounder not to also have the skillz here. I'll still be giving it a damn good try though. Galaxian was a turning point for the top three placings.

Love the MGL :) Without it my cab would just be playing NBA Jam and Kung Fu Master most of the time (made floor 4 the other day, oo-rah)

To be honest I have no idea how good Rat is at Rally X, in all our years of gaming MAMEing and now MGLing, I have never seen him play this game.

His quietness early in this game raises some suspicions though, either he is sitting back laughing or trying damn hard to get a good score, hmmm

MGL XI is over

Congratulations to Rat for winning :038:

and congratulations to Taverner and Jammasized for finishing 2nd and 3rd respectively

It was a very close finish in the last few games , which put the top three places up for grabs going into the last couple of games.

Great to see so many new people playing and think we had one of the best turnouts for an MGL overall.

Top three places.

1. Rat

176 points ( 1 win)

2. Taverner

172 points ( 2 Wins)

3. Jammasized

163 points (2 wins)

Guys I will get a trophy out to you soon, just send me your address ( might be after MM )

Cheers and thanks everyone for contributing

Ben

Well done Rat and everyone else that played. Thanks for running everything so well DK - had a great time playing a whole bunch of games I'd never heard of before (most are staying on my favs list for practise if they ever come up in another comp). Just went back for a game of SF2 as a celebration - hasn't been seen on my arcade for 3 months until now!

Well done Rat, a well deserved win :038:

Didn't get a chance to play this game again since mid last week, been enjoyin the sun, sand and surf of far northern NSW and QLD too much :D Looking at the final results tonight, don't reckon I would have got near those big top scores on this game to make a diff anyway... I'm happy with a podium :)

Had a ball again this MGL, and played a lot of new games as well as some old faves. Thanks Dkong for running anoher great comp.

From talking to Dkong I think there will now be a break until another MGL, but there will be another Mame comp starting up over at the xxxx-1-com site in about a month or so. It will be a 'Golden Era' comp 1979-1983 games only, if anyone is keen PM me and I'll let you know when it's calling for nominations.

Congrats Rat.

Unfortunately I could not participate as much I would have liked this MGL due to lack of time/work, but I really enjoyed trying all the games and playing some stuff I've never tried before.

Thanks for DKong for putting it on and I'll try to be a bit more active next MGL!

Fellow keen MGL'ers

To fill the void until there's another MGL, over at the xxxx-1.com site (a site dedicated to modding cabs) Tournament 4 is now calling for nominations.

The format will be Classic Era games only, 1979-1983.

Site is here: http://www.xxxx-in-1.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=23

Hope to see you over there :)

Chris