Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone in SA ?

mandm

Question

Relatively new to all this, ( 6mths worth) and having trouble with repairs....

The issue is I cannot find anyone who can repair some niggly problems, while showing me at the same time so I can actually learn something.

It seems a bit over the top to send them off to a work shop. ( risk of transport)

Does anyone know of someone who could help me ( Adelaide)? I am willing to pay someone for their time.

These are the main issues I'm having.....

Dirty Harry.....

1/ general illumination lights not coming on on the upper rhs of playfield

2/ target near bank robber hurry up loop gets stuck behind post

ToM.....

1/ a 't' in theatre is continuously on

2/ the magic box seams to over rotate slightly and not line up square with where it is meant to go.

Please if you know anyone who could help me,would really appreciate it. Just feeling bit overwhelmed and unsure how to fix these problems.

Cheers.

10 answers to this question

yeah, the dealer I got the the ToM wants nothing to do with me once I gave him the cash. Was really disappointed. Claimed this and that but in the end just a real toss bag. A real shame because he did give me a 9/10 game, and was going to get more in the future.

Thanks Gav,

Is this pinmonkey on here?

Sparky the Pinmonkey is your man, top notch repairs and a great guy aswell:)

sorry, i cant back this recommendation up for a bloke that kept my boards for a simple repair for over 12 mths, then tells me he has spent ages getting them right when they worked in the first place and needed only connectors replaced...., then i have to chase him down thru other AA members and by that time sold the machine and had to pass the buyer on to him and i dont know the reseult to be honest. i have had 2 people since tell me my experiences are not rare, so i have to say i would go elsewhere and avoid like the plague.

thats my opinion only based upon my experience. others may have had better results and that was why i went to him, but my experience has not been a happy one unfortunately.

• Administrators

Mate, none of this stuff sound too major to me. I would start posting a help wanted thread for each problem and start asking for help to fix it yourself. If the repairs are on the board you might want to get it off to a tech, but you will be supprised by what other stuff you can learn through AA for no cost at all. Worst case, try to diagnose the problem and get pro help if it is too much for you. Also, read up on the Pinrepair site, and get the TOP (This Old Pinball) DVDs that relate to your machines era. Even if the DVDs relate mainly to other machines, you will learn bucket loads as a newbie from these DVDs.

http://www.pinrepair.com/

Dave