Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - XI Game 1 : Slap Fight

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally!

Its taken me all bloody week but i have just finished rebuilding my mame machine after having stripped the guts outta it a while back

So i hereby declare that tomorrow is beer and slapfight day! Yay! WOOT WOOT!

So look out! I gots me an itchy button finger and im not afraid to use it!:D

317,030 Area 78

Finally broke 300k.

317,030 - Area 78

The boss is this section came pretty fast after the last one and looks almost the same as the last but there are alot more bullets around! I'm not sure if I can beat this before the deadline so this may be my final score submission.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/spl_photo/games/slap0005.png

Finally broke 300k.

317,030 - Area 78

The boss is this section came pretty fast after the last one and looks almost the same as the last but there are alot more bullets around! I'm not sure if I can beat this before the deadline so this may be my final score submission.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g244/spl_photo/games/slap0005.png

Great score :) I have never made it past area 77:(

Finally!

Its taken me all bloody week but i have just finished rebuilding my mame machine after having stripped the guts outta it a while back

So i hereby declare that tomorrow is beer and slapfight day! Yay! WOOT WOOT!

So look out! I gots me an itchy button finger and im not afraid to use it!:D

Get playing! :)

Had one last session on Saturday arvo, got on a bit of a roll with some variations on the guided/wing/speed combo and managed 227k, enough to squeak by into a minor placing maybe... My major objective was to score enough to give Rat, Taverner, and Dkong an excuse to put in more effort :D

Roll on Game 2!

Well that will probably about do me. I didn't think that skull boss looked too hard when I got up to him earlier in the week and it got easier when i realised that there's enough stars about him to get back onto homing missiles but it has taken me most of the week just to get a few games where I reached him again :blink: Homing is good for most things but they suck for those turrets (my new most hated enemy). Then a couple of quick deaths straight after (hint: even if you don't like sideshooting grab it after this boss).

I'm going to need another week to figure out the key to the next one, aparently this game does scroll though (I assume getting harder) anyone know how many levels there are? If we're almost there there might be some REALLY high scores possible.

I probably wont be able to put the same amount of time into all the mgl games but I gotta say this really is my kind of shooter, slow bullets and there's usually a path through them, anything after about Raiden gets too hetic for me old head :lol.

The 'brain' disappears on tracks when you kill the skull and pops up here so I suppose it's kind of a two stage boss which makes me think that maybe this is the final boss but I couldnt find anything on the net yet. Mind you I'm probably about to find out in the next 3 or 4 hours.

slap318190.png.5e39c795f4aadaeb5d7c2013a1ee2560.png

Edited by Taverner
Auto Merged Double Post.

I gotta say this really is my kind of shooter, slow bullets and there's usually a path through them, anything after about Raiden gets too hetic for me old head :lol.

Couldn't agree more, give me a shooter like this anyday over the mega fast button mashers.

1K difference between first and 2nd, great scores spl and Taverner!

Edited by Jed

Good luck mate I'm cheering for ya :D

Gotta admit it was a factor in whether I kept going and tried to beat the boss or not .... then I died 3 games trying to get pass where the aliens hide in the tunnels and that decided it in favour of more beer :lol.

6 Beers always helps :D

Broke my keyboard now because of this...spacebar button is gone and so have a few keys over it - so frustrating that I can't even dodge properly.. nice win Taverner.. next time I guess i will try harder..

MGL - XI

Game 1 Results

Game 1 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 1: Slap Fight

1. Taverner 318,190

25 points

2. spl 317,030

20 points

3. Jammasized 227,880

16 points

4. DKong 226,330

13 points

5. Rat 204,570

11 points

6. oldschool64 148,170

10 points

7. cartman.tmw 140,910

9 points

8.gameroom 135,030

8 points

9.retrogamer 85,230

7 points

10.kane 61,670

6 points

11.jardine 48,950

5 points

12. wingtipvortex 29,600

4 points

13. Foot 21,910

3 points

Broke my keyboard now because of this...spacebar button is gone and so have a few keys over it - so frustrating that I can't even dodge properly.. nice win Taverner.. next time I guess i will try harder..

Nice score as well spl, I really got into this one as its one of the few shooters I played as a kid (often in roller skates :lol) not expecting to top the lists too often.

The first time I beat that skull boss the snap didn't work. I killed it then died on the two tanks straight after for about 290k, I entered my name and saved a snap.

A friend of my wife was over at the time and as soon as I saved it I checked the snaps folder...... and had to apologise for the language.

Nice score as well spl, I really got into this one as its one of the few shooters I played as a kid (often in roller skates :lol) not expecting to top the lists too often.

The first time I beat that skull boss the snap didn't work. I killed it then died on the two tanks straight after for about 290k, I entered my name and saved a snap.

A friend of my wife was over at the time and as soon as I saved it I checked the snaps folder...... and had to apologise for the language.

I don't feel too bad then since the first time I tried this game was 1 week ago. I'm quite a fan of shmups tho and play alot of them.

I actually found a way which I think can get past those 2 bosses easily. I found if you use laser and a few wings - you can point blank those 2 bosses and they die within about 5 seconds. The laser is also better for dealing with those tower things that spit out constant bullets.

I keep dying however since i'm not used to the wings but I can see it working with some more practice.

PS. does game 2 kick off tonight??

I don't feel too bad then since the first time I tried this game was 1 week ago. I'm quite a fan of shmups tho and play alot of them.

I actually found a way which I think can get past those 2 bosses easily. I found if you use laser and a few wings - you can point blank those 2 bosses and they die within about 5 seconds. The laser is also better for dealing with those tower things that spit out constant bullets.

I keep dying however since i'm not used to the wings but I can see it working with some more practice.

PS. does game 2 kick off tonight??

Should be up now, guzzler :)

Yep already listed, I noticed with the last bosses that homing only shoots one missle at a time at the red glass, its ok with the first part because you can keep dodging but could be a good technique to switch for the second, any idea if lasers hit the guns on it, homing missiles just ignore them. I can't see me being able to dodge that long anyway so will definitely try the lasers.

Edit: took me ages when I was trying the different weapons to realise that the lasers shoot further if you hold the button down.

Yep already listed, I noticed with the last bosses that homing only shoots one missle at a time at the red glass, its ok with the first part because you can keep dodging but could be a good technique to switch for the second, any idea if lasers hit the guns on it, homing missiles just ignore them. I can't see me being able to dodge that long anyway so will definitely try the lasers.

Edit: took me ages when I was trying the different weapons to realise that the lasers shoot further if you hold the button down.

Not sure if the homing hits those side guns but I tested on the first of the last boss that the laser with 2 wings will kill it VERY fast if you point blank it. I assume this is the same the second time around as I haven't got that far again.