Thread: MGL - XI Game 1 : Slap Fight

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    Nice score as well spl, I really got into this one as its one of the few shooters I played as a kid (often in roller skates ) not expecting to top the lists too often.

The first time I beat that skull boss the snap didn't work. I killed it then died on the two tanks straight after for about 290k, I entered my name and saved a snap.

A friend of my wife was over at the time and as soon as I saved it I checked the snaps folder...... and had to apologise for the language.
    I don't feel too bad then since the first time I tried this game was 1 week ago. I'm quite a fan of shmups tho and play alot of them.

I actually found a way which I think can get past those 2 bosses easily. I found if you use laser and a few wings - you can point blank those 2 bosses and they die within about 5 seconds. The laser is also better for dealing with those tower things that spit out constant bullets.

I keep dying however since i'm not used to the wings but I can see it working with some more practice.

PS. does game 2 kick off tonight??

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spl View Post
    I don't feel too bad then since the first time I tried this game was 1 week ago. I'm quite a fan of shmups tho and play alot of them.

I actually found a way which I think can get past those 2 bosses easily. I found if you use laser and a few wings - you can point blank those 2 bosses and they die within about 5 seconds. The laser is also better for dealing with those tower things that spit out constant bullets.

I keep dying however since i'm not used to the wings but I can see it working with some more practice.

PS. does game 2 kick off tonight??
    Should be up now, guzzler

State
    wa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yep already listed, I noticed with the last bosses that homing only shoots one missle at a time at the red glass, its ok with the first part because you can keep dodging but could be a good technique to switch for the second, any idea if lasers hit the guns on it, homing missiles just ignore them. I can't see me being able to dodge that long anyway so will definitely try the lasers.

Edit: took me ages when I was trying the different weapons to realise that the lasers shoot further if you hold the button down.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    362 Post(s)
    Nice scores guys, you put a lot of effort in this week!

State
    Sydney
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    Yep already listed, I noticed with the last bosses that homing only shoots one missle at a time at the red glass, its ok with the first part because you can keep dodging but could be a good technique to switch for the second, any idea if lasers hit the guns on it, homing missiles just ignore them. I can't see me being able to dodge that long anyway so will definitely try the lasers.

Edit: took me ages when I was trying the different weapons to realise that the lasers shoot further if you hold the button down.
    Not sure if the homing hits those side guns but I tested on the first of the last boss that the laser with 2 wings will kill it VERY fast if you point blank it. I assume this is the same the second time around as I haven't got that far again.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information