Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 75

Thread: MGL - XI Game 1 : Slap Fight

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    State
    wa
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah plus if you dodge long enough (1st fountain) you also get 180k and full power ups.

    Wasn't sure if it counts as a cheat or just a hidden trick? I'd rather it wasn't used as long as we're all on the same page.

    I'd hate to see all us wooden spooners get jumped with one move so I suppose the other way is just to make sure everyone knows about it.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    State
    Launceston, Tas
    Posts
    10,947
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    Yeah plus if you dodge long enough (1st fountain) you also get 180k and full power ups.

    Wasn't sure if it counts as a cheat or just a hidden trick? I'd rather it wasn't used as long as we're all on the same page.

    I'd hate to see all us wooden spooners get jumped with one move so I suppose the other way is just to make sure everyone knows about it.
    Sounds good to me then

    Trick/cheat not allowed!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    State
    190 Yorktown Road, Craigmore SA
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    287 Post(s)
    had a quick 5 games (very quick mind you) as never played before.

    top score (and third game) 15550 - and no, I didn't leave out a digit.

    Going to be a loooooooong week, me thinks.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    State
    murray bridge
    Posts
    135
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    best of 148170

    used to play this on the commy 64 glad to see i still have all the old skills
    best I will get get I think head not in it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by oldschool64; 31st May 2010 at 04:26 PM. Reason: new score

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    State
    wa
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Sounds good to me then

    Trick/cheat not allowed!
    had never noticed that the high score lists the area as well... pretty much takes care of that problem, if you've got 200k and area 3 there will be questions .

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    NSW
    Posts
    6,147
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1406 Post(s)

    227,880 Area 67

    Area 49 that weird grid thing with the grid runners. Enjoyable game, I don't mind being a Slapper

    I like how you can choose power ups, have to agree with Rat how you tend to suddenly lose all your lives - seems to me mainly due to being a fair way into the game, then lose your life and boom your ship goes goes back to moving soooo freakin' slowly you're yelling noooooo! while trying to dodge the nightmare at the speed of an extremely old slug.

    Seemed to me while familiarising myself with the game last night, one of the more efficient powerup combos is speed + guided missiles ? All i've been doing so far is trying to get those two then hanging on for dear life. Couldn't see much use in any of the others compared to those two.

    Good game, hope to improve as the week progresses.

    Edit 1: Score update
    Edit 2: Score Update
    Last edited by Jed; 31st May 2010 at 12:06 PM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    State
    Launceston, Tas
    Posts
    10,947
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Area 49 that weird grid thing with the grid runners. Enjoyable game, I don't mind being a Slapper

    I like how you can choose power ups, have to agree with Rat how you tend to suddenly lose all your lives - seems to me mainly due to being a fair way into the game, then lose your life and boom your ship goes goes back to moving soooo freakin' slowly you're yelling noooooo! while trying to dodge the nightmare at the speed of an extremely old slug.

    Seemed to me while familiarising myself with the game last night, one of the more efficient powerup combos is speed + guided missiles ? All i've been doing so far is trying to get those two then hanging on for dear life. Couldn't see much use in any of the others compared to those two.

    Good game, hope to improve as the week progresses.
    I am always a Homing Missile glutton with this game, also side shot is helpful as you can have both.
    Also by adding wings your firepower power increases but the size of your ship does as well, but it can take a shot on the wings when it gets to a certain size with out dying.

    When I get up to around where you are I usually go for shield, then shield then shield

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    State
    wa
    Posts
    1,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Do the sidewings slow you down or just seem like it? Every time I get the first sidewing I always want to add another speed.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    State
    Launceston, Tas
    Posts
    10,947
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by Taverner View Post
    Do the sidewings slow you down or just seem like it? Every time I get the first sidewing I always want to add another speed.
    It sure seems that way, I don't use wings much as I find the big ship a bit cumbersome, plus if you take a hit on the centre of the ship I think you lose the whole lot.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2009
    State
    Sydney
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm assuming the scoring tricks like growing the weeds into flowers with the laser are allowed?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MGL - X Game 11 : Amidar
    By DKong in forum MGL Tournament X
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 16th March 2010, 01:28 PM
  2. MGL - X Game 3: Bagman
    By DKong in forum MGL Tournament X
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12th January 2010, 10:04 AM
  3. MGL - T9 Game 12: Liquid Kids
    By DKong in forum MGL Tournament 9
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 22nd October 2009, 03:44 AM
  4. MGL - T9 Game 11: Lunar Rescue
    By Amy in forum MGL Tournament 8
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18th May 2009, 11:10 PM
  5. MGL - T8 Game 10: Berzerk
    By Amy in forum MGL Tournament 8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11th May 2009, 08:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •