Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Favorite Arcade Fighting Game (any era)

Favorite Arcade Fighting Game (any era)  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Arcade Fighting Game (any era)

• Street fighter 2 CE
    • King of the Fighters 98
    • Art of Fighting
    • Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting
    • Marvel Vs. Capcom
    • Mortal Kombat 2
    • World Heroes
    • Fighting Fantasy/hippodome
    • Tatsunoko vs Capcom
    • Capcom vs SNK 2
    • Dead or Alive
    • Boxing Atari 2600
    • Internation Karate +
    • Darkstalkers
    • Karate Champ
    • Soul Calibur
    • The Last Blade 2
    • Samurai Shodown 2
    • Tekken 2
    • Street Fighter 2
    • Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter
    • Street Fighter 3 - 3S
    • Pocket Fighter
    • Yie Ar Kung-Fu
    • Samurai Showdown
    • Mortal Kombat
    • The Last Blade
    • Killer Instinct
    • King of the Fighters 2002
    • King of the Fighters XI
    • JOJO 2
    • Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Voted for MK.

Countless hours spent on that one. It's funny, Gorro was near impossible to beat, until you finally beat him.

MK was the most realistic of all, inserted so many 60c for 1 credit and $1 for 2.

Goro was like hitting a brick wall!

SF2 i was more of a spectator couldn't get this down pat! would work 1 out of 3 times for me

• 4 weeks later...

I voted for Street Fighter Zero/Alpha 2, between that and the Marvel vs games were the only SF I was every any good at.

But it would have been a line ball if Soul Edge was on the voting list. Calibur is great, but I put way more time in on Soul Edge (and then eventually on the awesome PSX port)

• 1 month later...

Capcom:

1. Alpha 2 (Not Z2 Alpha or Alpha 2 Gold - these version had some cool new features but was never picked up competitively due to some system & character changes)

2. SSF2T

3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (play this ... it has a mixture of mechanics from numerous Capcom games)

SNK:

1. Garou: MOTW

2. KOF 98

3. KOF 2k2UM

Namco:

1. Soul Calibur 2 (the arcade version campaign mode had me hooked for hours, plus great gameplay)

2. Tekken 5

3. Not sure

• 10 months later...

Great poll list, nice variety of choices - and many fond memories too!

The game which first made me fall in love with the concept of fighting games was "Fist II: The Legend Continues" on the C64. A very solitary experience; wandering a post-apocalyptic world encountering enemy martial artists that fight you to the death. All of this exploring to several wonderfully eerie SID tunes by Neil Brennan. After that came a love of International Karate, the original Way of the Exploding Fist and Yie Ar Kung Fu, IK+ and brawlers in general.

Fast forward to '91 or '92 and Street Fighter II: The World Warrior entered my world via the local MovieLand Entertainment store. My imagination fully captured; i used to watch people play it after school with a mate and talk tactics all the way home. I definitely spent more time on this, CE and Hyper Fighting than anything that came later. I also got into them majorly on SNES and Genesis with friends.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Samurai Showdown

Yep, definitely Samurai Showdown, which didn’t seem as prevalent as any of the SFs but at least you could play it without having to cover the coin slot with your leg to block the “challenge, challenge” that would miraculously come out of nowhere every single time

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

• 3 weeks later...

Tough decision. I played SFII to death in the arcades and at home. I could finish SFII WW on the SFC on 8 stars, 1 credit with every single character. Same with Special CE on the MD. Then came Zero and Zero 2 on my Saturn. I bought a Jp system in 1994, so I also had the joy of X-MEN vs SF, Vampire Hunter and Saviour and various SNK games at home.

Possibly my MOST LOVED and played game would be Virtua Fighter 2. I will never forget buying that on 4 December, 1995 and playing it for the first time. I was stunned and blown away by what my beloved Saturn was throwing at me screen! I mastered that game, and then had it mastered in the arcades because of the Saturn. So it has to be VF2. Yu Suzuki is a goddamned GENIUS!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...