Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The best of Bally 1980-1981

The best of Bally 1980-1981  

134 members have voted

1. 1. The best of Bally 1980-1981

• Centaur
    • Eight Ball Deluxe
    • Embryon
    • Elektra
    • Fathom
    • Flash Gordon
    • Medusa
    • Vector
    • Xenon

Just like to add an update of my preferred. Have had a Xenon and a Spacies since the start of the thread. Still have the Harlem' date=' Fathom(another to pickup tomorrow) Playboy and Black jack Would still like a Centaur and Medusa and 6MDM. [MENTION=8186']DOG[/MENTION] ,love your choices of games:023:

Also have kiss, playboy and EK. But they are not from this era

My top 3 in order of Preference:

1. Eight Ball Deluxe

2. Centaur

3. Fathom

I have owned all 3 and always thought Centaur and Fathom

slightly less challenging (easier to complete game play) than EBD

Rawdon

My2centsworth

Nearly sold my EBD a while back to a mate. It's one of those machines I keep heading back to. Kinda glad I still have it.

Now added at Flash Gordon to my collection, with a CPR backglass. Looks stunning. Great game too. Surprised it does not get more love on the poll.

I can?t decide!?!?!

Currently I have 4 of the titles in the list ? in the past I have had 7 of the titles and played all except Vector. I enjoy each of them for their diverse challenge and above all the memories they conjuror up.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q766/68Pinball/IMG_47031_zps93a4b7e1.jpg

I think, the best thing that can be gleaned from this question and its subsequent discussion, is what an awesome time for Pinball it was.

The list only features Bally. At the time, Williams, Stern & to a lesser extent Gottlieb (they had hits in 1982) were releasing titles in short order. Games like Firepower, Black Knight, Haunted House, Black Hole, Viper and Iron Maiden. All in high demand and all hail from the same era (Circa 1981).

All of them, in their own way are, unique, impressive and eye-catching. They had to be. Coin op was so much more accessible back then. The arcade was alive, vying for your next coin!

My fellow ?Gen X? pinball tragic?s surely will agree - great time to be a pinball player.

I wonder if the current generation will be able to reminisce on the same level (with such variety).

Lol! I'm.definitely finecularly challenged. I can still remember a fella.on.the bus saying" those space invaders are great but they won't go anywhere.until they go colour". Did they ever make a.deep throat pinball? That was a big influence on me. ;)

My Motto- if it feels good FEEL IT!

It is really easy to get in the hypo of the new games .....:rolleyes

But you cannot beat the classic games from the Golden Era of pinball imop.....

They are more challenging to play....

Edited by Pinoffski
They are more of a challenge

I agree with the above picks:

EBD

Fathom

Centaur

Medusa

Embryon

But, there is another that was a great player from that time:

Fireball II

Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

Got that one too!?!? :):)

Fireball II

What do you think? :)

Have to say it does not have the same attraction as the others. I have a soft spot for the Fireball games and in particular the art of Dave Christensen, hence I keep it around.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...