Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Tank Battle "BOVINGTON"

I have a working Black & white "Tank Battle" for two players using the AY-3-8710 chip. Possible the worlds last surviving i.c from the 1980:D

I'm thinking of building a upright cabinet to restore the game. Has anyone got plans for this style of cabinet.

The controls as I remember where two push pull handles so the tanks drove around like a bull dozer. Player 1 "RED" & Player 2 "Blue".

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Edited by Gemini2544

Oh man I'd LOVE to get my grubby mitts on one of those!

One of the Kee Tank cabinets would look great next to my Pong

I never got around to drawing plans for a cabinet because I didn't have the electronics to go in it, but check out TANK and TANK II at Dscreet Logistics for a couple of photos and manual.

I might have a few more photos at home which I can dig up.

Well the work began on Saturday and this is how far I got with the cabinet. Not a bad weekends work I thought.

I have discovered a problem with the Game board as when the game ends although the score board stops & flashes you still can still drive around the tanks shooting. I have found the pin out sheet on the AY-3-8710 chip as pins 11 to 15 are not in use & I'm just betting one of them goes high in game play & low when the game ends.

I'm hoping if you tie the correct pin to ground everything locks up till the reset is pushed. fingers crossed.:unsure

Edited by Gemini2544

Good stuff, i had the original cabinet in which i picked up at a swap meet for $25 and everything worked, ended up selling it for $50, last time i heard, it was going up to some queensland museum along with some other games i sold.