Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Golden Age Of Pinball

Hi Pete, You have left out 2 very important makes and eras

Williams early SS from 79 to 85 This included Flash, Black Knight, Pharard and many other fine pinballs

Gottlieb System 3 1989 to 1995. This includes some of my fav games like Vegas, Class of 1812, Cactas Jack and Surf n Safari.

Williams early SS from 79 to 85 This included Flash, Black Knight, Pharard and many other fine pinballs

I did consider adding the early Williams, but I feel that system 6 (Flash) games are in a different group to, say system 9 (of which there is only 3 (great) examples)

even the group of Black Knight, Pharaoh, Solar Fire and Jungle Lord are a great group

I just felt the groups were so small as to not be an 'era'

Gottlieb System 3 1989 to 1995. This includes some of my fav games like Vegas, Class of 1812, Cactas Jack and Surf n Safari.

I have never played a sys 3 game, but I did think of including system 80, but they started with a blast (Black Hole, Haunted House, Counter force (Well, it is different) but the rest of the games are a bit 'ho, hum'

Yeah Pete, you should have added Gottlieb System 80 and System 3 in there.

Gottlieb System 1, in my opinion, should have been included with the Gottlieb 70's EM's as they are so similar in gameplay, etc. They are basically 70's EM's with electronic circuitry.

System 80, 80A and some of the 80B's were some of the best games ever produced. :D

Oh yeah, ...........you forgot to add 21st Century STERN's to the poll too. :safeyet:

Cheers,

Dan

Oh yeah, ...........you forgot to add 21st Century STERN's to the poll too. :safeyet:

Cheers,

Dan

While I love my Sterns, they have released more misses than hits

IMHO, since introducing the SAM system they have had one hit and four 'close, but no cigar'

and thus not a 'Golden era'

gen II ZZZ's got my vote!

its GEN II ZZZ's for me....Devil Riders, Magic Castle

play one if you ever get the chance

REACT flippers, METAL RAMPS, 3D Backglass's with Mechanical Animation, 2 Playfields, Speech, great artwork, genuine BUILD QUALITY!!!......and playfields with THAT coating thats so glossy & tough a decade before DIAMOND PLATE from an era when economy stripped features......ZZZ went more more more.

• Super Moderator
its GEN II ZZZ's for me....Devil Riders, Magic Castle

play one if you ever get the chance

REACT flippers, METAL RAMPS, 3D Backglass's with Mechanical Animation, 2 Playfields, Speech, great artwork, genuine BUILD QUALITY!!!......and playfields with THAT coating thats so glossy & tough a decade before DIAMOND PLATE from an era when economy stripped features......ZZZ went more more more.

Good to see you finally posting:D as much as I love the Gen 2's its Sys11 for me

Do I go for 76-79, or 79-84?, split right in the middle for me, my vote is 77-81:p. Golden age?? I don't know but they are my favourite. From the list i'll have to go 79-84:unsure

Edit- changed my mind i won't vote on this cause i'm stuffed if i know when the golden age was.

• 4 years later...