Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

whitewater whats it worth.

So i bought this machine from The pinball shed

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/mazda_bater/Project%20Whitewater/Picture909.jpg

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/mazda_bater/Project%20Whitewater/Picture911.jpg

I did a bit of work to it since then.

I got a replacement playfield clean polished and waxed up

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/mazda_bater/IMGP6984.jpg

This is a pic of it as it sits now

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx32/mazda_bater/IMGP7015.jpg

I have some more bits coming for it on monday (the correct targets light lock etc some mantis target protectors new slingshot plastics) which i will add, but a recent change in employment conditions has meant that it will probably have to go.

Along with a few other toys but i thought i'd ask for a few opinions on what people think its worth.

The playfield swap owes me between 16-20 hrs

Edited by Red Series 3
Auto Merged Double Post.

Sorry cab condition is o.k. The head is average.

No topper.

I think you are being generous cruiserman.

New White rubbers. New pop bumpers. new flipper bats

Everything has been pulled apart cleaned rebuilt / replaced Some times i will re use the original parts if they are perfect.

I also found that when i had cleaned the lost mine kickout it rolled the ball out as opposed to it bouncing so i cleaned the coil sleeve. You never know maybe a new coil sleeve would have given it more power and had it bouncing dings into the playfield.

Has leds in the gi and backbox.

Plays fast and error free.

There are some of the optos that have a bit of discolouration. That i would like to replace from a reliability point of view.

The game plays fast flippers are strong. Whirlpool works good a bit too good. It seems to just keep spinning the balls in here i thought it was pretty funny the first time i made the shot.

I thought to myself Fair dinkum Dan could do like a 1080 double smoking guns while waiting for it to drop down

Scott (Cruiserman), playfield is not new. However, it is a lot better than the one it replaced.

I must say, Brendan, I'll be sorry to see it go with the amount of effort you have put into the game to get it looking so good. The playfield has come up very nice, indeed, and it sure does play fast.

Yeah, those double smoking guns. Boy, was I getting dizzy. :lol

Kudos to Tony (Pinball Shed) for selling it to you as a project pin too. :023:

Cheers,

Dan

Looks pretty nice. With pin prices at the moment its probably only worth what you paid for it from Tony - possibly a few $ more, dispite the love that you have given it. Hang on to it if you canWhite Water is a great title.

i bought one, knocked back 3 since and kept an eye on prices in the past 4 months.

without topper in good nick = 2k tops

with topper in good nick = 2.5k tops (mint 2.8k approx)

without topper in average cond = 1.7k - 1.8k

with topper in average cond = 1.9kl - 2.1k

i think without topper, take what you can get as toppers are FAR AND FEW between and mine cost me 300 from the US plus dome at 100 locally (and im assuming your light control boards are there as well as the lights) and i waited 4 months to find a topper.

i wouldnt buy a wh20 without topper again to be honest.

Whats so good about the topper?

I got mine for $1850 in average condition with no topper. But being rated in top 10 pinnies of all time, I've got to admit I'd rather buy that, than pay money for some other type of pinny that's in better condition but won't get played for long before you get sick of it. :unsure You don't look at the topper while you play anyway..

I don't think it will play any better or worse than a mint one anyway, and you don't cry if you bust something either

Whats so good about the topper?

i thought that until i saw one working and complete. like anything else, something original and complete is worth more (try buying an original monaro or xygt) and i reckon that anyone with a wh2o with topper will say the same thing, its a beaut addition!

despite my topper and dome costing me near 400, i reckon it was money well spent and the difference between wh2o with and without topper seems to be around 500 and for the hassle of trying to find a topper by itself, i would just buy a complete machine (unless it was particularly neat and clean like mine was). im pretty sure you wont find a topper anywhere in good nick. they are all bubbled and faded mostly.

the topper really adds to the machine and would be like buying a getaway without a rotating light or many other machines that the topper really adds to the experience.

just my 2c worth.

the topper really adds to the machine and would be like buying a getaway without a rotating light or many other machines that the topper really adds to the experience.

just my 2c worth.

Fair enough.

I dont really remember many machines where I have actually paid much attention to whether they had a topper or not. I guess for some it is about 'completeness' and having as close to original as possible.

• Super Moderator

can you do palyfield swap for me?

16-20 hours is good going.

love this game more than any other - would pay 10k for one no risk (if i didn't already have one ;) )

I'd love to do the playfield swap for you. If you pay me a decent hourly rate. Maybe i can afford to keep the wh20.

Regarding the topper i think at the price you can buy a whitewater for without it( around the 2k mark) The extra $500 for one with a topper may put people out of the market to buy the machine.

I thought this machine would sell for between $2200-$2400 which is definitely in the entry level price range.

It is a pretty good player for the price. Possibly the only pin on the top ten list that can be bought for this money and i'm sure that anybody would be happy with the way it plays.

The true test will be the high scores NMD can put on it.

That said sometimes the speed with which a nicely polished playfield will play at can be a detriment needing a bit of dirt on there to slow the ball down.

I know when we shopped out Dans Twilight Zone. It kicked our ass. The ball times were a lot longer before we cleaned and waxed it.

Much more fun afterwards though.

Hmmm. Hopefully i can keep the machine now. I just got offered a job 20hrs less per week and 20k more per year.

I love this country

Great news for you... I hate having to sell machines because of tough times (its how I've lost all of my machines save for one pinball and one MAME cabinet). If I wasn't in a tough spot for cash myself I would have been keen on this machine... I still want to get a WH20 when/if things improve.

• Administrators
Hmmm. Hopefully i can keep the machine now. I just got offered a job 20hrs less per week and 20k more per year.

I love this country

Then come and pick up your new boulders ya slack bugger! :) Hang on, come to think of it you have already paid for 'em, so no hurry. Anyone want to buy a cheap set of WH2O boulders? :lol

Dave

(Good news on the job)