Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rescued rats available for adoption

hey,

my girlfriend runs a small animal rescue in adelaide. at the moment we are inundated with pet rats that she has rescued from various stages of neglect and cruelty. rats are awesome pets i used to hate them and be afraid of them but they're actually really smart and cool.. most of ours are like small dogs.. they respond to their names and like to be held or carried on ur shoulder.

her rat website is here if anyone wants to take a look http://www.southaustralianrats.com

there are quite a few that are looking for new homes but i wanted to draw special attention to these two because they are my faves.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/FeralSkitch/a-4.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b286/FeralSkitch/b-4.jpg

they are brothers i think and are about 10 weeks old. theyre really friendly.. like to be held and to come out of their cage. would make really great pets and definitely dont bite at all.

so yeah if anyone in SA was thinking about rats as pets you should drop my gf a line her email is on her site. when you adopt them she gives you heaps of stuff like bedding for them and some food and also medicates them before they leave so they are healthy with no parasites guaranteed

no comments about snake food or rat killing please, it would really upset my gf. food for snakes has its place but its not in the form of tame friendly animals who love people and crave attention. i understand that not everyone likes rodents as pets but if you have nothing nice to say just say nothing at all.

peace out

Benji

Oh no...it's like people that take birds on their shoulders into the shops...HAHAH

We had a guy come into AVD late last year with a bird on his shoulder. It kept squawking at him and he kept telling it to shut up, while giving it the occasional clip over the ear (beak?)! It was an odd experience for all of us, and we we glad when he left. :confused:

Edited by David_AVD

Years ago we rat sat a rat for my wifes boss.

I wasn't keen but it turned out to be kinda cool

they are interesting creatures and very little care

They are really clean animals

Word of warning though .... we were at a pub and they recently had vending machines added, i bought one of each thing back to the table (just to show the array of goods available in the loos)

amongst the aftershave and breathmints there was a pheromone towel

just for kicks we all had a go ....it stunk and thought nothing more of it till we got home and let the rat out ,,,, wouldn't leave me alone and kept pissing on me :lol

ummm aren't they incontinent? As such shitting and pissing as they go?

My cat is a mouse and rat killer, she is forever bringing us "presents"

nah definitely not. i think mice are but you can actually litter train rats my gfs rats are pretty good at it. i haven't been pissed on yet apart from a few times when i've been holding sick ones for my gf to medicate and that was just because they were scared and in pain

Can you express post them to QLD..? Over night bag. :unsure

shes sent them interstate before but im quite sure it was on a plane not in a bag lol