Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

mala open on start-up & other questions

Hi

Anyone able to tell me how to get Mala to load when I turn on my PC. I don't want to have to click on the icon as I don't have keyboard access with my cab.

Also, in Mame some games say at the start "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE" how do I get around that when I don't have a keyboard??

thanks.

• Administrators

Put a shortcut to Mala in your startup folder.

To bypass the okay, waggle the joystick left and right. It clears it. You only need to do this the first time you run a particular game.

Brad

You'll probably notice while you're in the options that you can also set Mala to shut down the comp as well. I set both and then the computer to power always on so now it's just turn the plug on and everything starts up, exit Mala and it all shuts down (turn the plug off ready for the next time).

With the press OK doesn't it also say left, right on the joystick? Maybe it's another screen but I'd try that anyway.

Ok, moving the joystick doesn't seem to work in getting the games to start. I am using Mala, but as my Mame program I use Mame32 does this have something to do with it not working? Cause I don't have a keyboard hooked up at all so need to get around this somehow.

I use Mameuifx so I doubt that's the problem, what games gives you the ok message? I've never noticed anything but the type ok or move the joystick left and right. It shouldn't be anything to do with Mala I assume you get the same message if you load it from Mame?

Do you use an I-pac? If so and you have a button you can set to shift you can set either two buttons to be O and K when shifted or just use a macro to make it one button.

Edit: or just set two of you're buttons to be O and K via the I-pac (or Keywiz) then go into mame and change it there.