Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game 9 : Burnin' Rubber

Game 9: Burnin' Rubber

Rom: brubber

Randomly selected from the MGL Xgame list, game 13 on the list

Nominated by

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242065143.png

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242065144.png

Current hiscore held by

Manufacturer: Nihon Bussan/AV Japan

Year: 1982

Class: Wide Release

Genre: Racing

Type: Videogame

Monitor:

Orientation: Vertical

Type: Raster: Standard Resolution

CRT: Color

Conversion Class: Data East Cassette

Number of Simultaneous Players: 1

Maximum number of Players: 2

Gameplay: Alternating

Control Panel Layout: Single Player Ambidextrous

Controls:

Joystick: 8-way

Buttons: 1 [Jump]

Sound: Amplified Mono (one channel)

Dip switch settings

Lives 3

Bonus every 30,000

Difficulty Easy

Burnin' Rubber Description

A driving game where you jump or bump enemy cars for points. A bonus is awarded for completing levels without hitting any cars.

Cheats, Tricks and Bugs

If you can finish a level without destroying any cars, you will receive a 50000 point bonus. Try bumping cars only when they are behind you as you will not lose any speed (you will usually speed up, in fact) and you will not lose as much control either. When jumping gaps in the road, if you can manage to land on one of the small islands, you'll get a 1000 point bonus.

Game Introduction

Join "Jumpin' John" as he goes cruisin' up the road bumping, jumping, and smashing cars. Aside from the cars, you must avoid the sides of the road, breaks in the road (which are usually over water), and rocks in the road which can sometimes be dumped by certain vehicles. Each level is based on a season (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter) except the first level which seems to have no name. After Winter, it cycles back to Spring again with each level becoming successively harder. When you finish a level, you will pull up to a gas pump that has an icon showing the next level. A flowering tree shows Spring is coming up, a life preserver indicates Summer, a tree with no leaves says Fall is next, and a snowman means Winter is on the way. According to the game, there are 32 unique levels but they do not roll over back to the first level after level 32.

Game Play

The joystick controls the movement and speed of the car. By increasing speed, you not only go faster, but you get the ability to jump after your speed passes 100. The faster you go, the better control the car seems to have. Your car's speed tops out at 220. The big breaks in the road are signaled by a warning exclamation point sign that flashes at the top center of the screen and beeps. Be prepared to jump when you see this. Bumping the cars around you will bounce you in the opposite direction of the bump and can also speed or slow you down based on that direction. The faster your car goes, the less control you seem to lose.

(http://www.klov.com/B/Burnin'_Rubber.html)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL X thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 1st of March BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

DKong

It is a good game, after discovering the 50,000 bonus I find it even harder, puts a new spin on the game:rolleyes ( trying to not bump a car into a wall )

checking the High Scores Rat has 350,000 with Bump 'n' Jump correct me if I am wrong but they are the exact same game:unsure

Have my work cut out for me this week, hey Andy we should do a Leman's 24 hr on it over the weekend :lol

Sounds good to me mate:)

Woohoo.....first 2 levels 50 big ones!!!

http://i47.tinypic.com/50k4te.png

I didn't know about the 50,000 bonus and f***s me if I can even come close to getting it now - even jumping all over the shop to avoid collisions eventually results in landing on some poor sucker and *SMASH* :x

Cheers

LT.

I didn't know about the 50,000 bonus and f***s me if I can even come close to getting it now - even jumping all over the shop to avoid collisions eventually results in landing on some poor sucker and *SMASH* :x

Cheers

LT.

I find its easier to slow right down and not jump so much, that might help;)

checking the High Scores Rat has 350,000 with Bump 'n' Jump correct me if I am wrong but they are the exact same game:unsure

Yeh I think they are one and the same ? I'm not sure if one game has different default dips than the other, or if it's simply one of those generic clones that has the change of name only.

Reckon I shot my load early :laugh: haven't got near my first night score yet, managed 213k last night but your game is stuffed really quickly soon as you hit a car. Nothing worse than pulling off a few levels with 0 cars then SMASH, so diassapointing, hit the reset button yet again :)

Nice splurge Dk, now i have to play one more:laugh: Shame the "package man" couldn't post a score on this one..............Ramere's been quiet too.

Ramere has posted on the other league with a massive Super Basketball score, think he has been spending his time on that one (hopefully :laugh:)

Unlike the package to forget to play a game :lol

Nice game but not a huge fan, more interested in the crash & bash than finessing so this score will have to do I suppose.....

http://i45.tinypic.com/15pfktk.png

Now the Super Basketball game on the other league, that is an addictive game.... :D

No time. :( I'll make sure to post for the next game.

edit : Wait a moment - I've got time. 8pm finish... alllllright !

double edit : Nope - It's not on my working image.

Rollercoaster ride.

MGL - X

Game 9 Results

Game 9 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 9: Burnin' Rubber

1. Jammasized 256,072

25 points

2. DKong 159,972

20 points

3. wingbtipvortex 127,904

16 points