Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The Random Crap Thread

stu

Starting to take pinball seriously thanks to @Parazio and have acted accordingly. I thought buying new pinball machines meant i didn't have to work on them and would just get a tech in every 6-12months to service them.....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I bought the big bag on wheels because i'm becoming more and more attracted to older machines rather than newer...

pinball8.jpg.2e4df2cba31a1d887c7a8aa644491106.jpg

AndILoveJerseyJackMachinesPunkin

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Uh-Oh, looks like my pinballs are getting ready to give birth.

Might even be twins judging by the room they've made.

pinball7.jpg.98e59af73c17790f5e7b9c3ff1cc80bd.jpg

pinball8.jpg.2c059ef277306eb5f6308ae208a97b1c.jpg

I know that one of the whelps is likely to be Genie, but can you guess the second?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Moved the machines out the back to a setup that will fit more in before i have to go to the other shed. looks like i have room for twenty more i reckon.

Old;

pinballkids5.jpg.49f6861f96be7e8fab009781077d8584.jpg

New;

pinball22.jpg.20b6cf29169e04570fdd7a48b70a16eb.jpg

I quite like it now, just need to add some more lighting and some more machines.

• 1 month later...

Goatta say i don't spend too much time reading packets, but saw a recipe for make your own prawn chips from scratch the other day and wanted to see how the actual prawn content compared with commercial ones (50% in the recipe and 4% in commercial in case you wondered).

Then spotted this, it's a new one for me;

chips.jpg.a42df00dc8728963bdbf2fb903619932.jpg

That explains a lot of what happened in my youth when I ate these !!!!! Its a Chinese Take Away Conspiracy that I never new of till now.....They gave you a "Free' brown paper bag of these oily crispy goodies !!!! All the time a cunning plan to disrupt my brain and body function !:o

• 4 weeks later...

Got a new cast iron Lodge pan yesterday to save my wrists from lifting the big one all the time.

I took a flap disc to the factory seasoning and ground it fairly smooth then found some pure linseed oil at the Indian grocery store here.

I have to say that seasoning a pan with this is chalk and cheese to doing it with canola oil. It took my large pan many months of cooking to get to the stage that this one is with just 3 cycles through the oven and the flaxseed/linseed oil.

Should be pretty much non stick now and will get better in time.

pan1.jpg.3d92363784a3da44b87c4496122fe615.jpg

pan2.jpg.a9e20144783c2550ff97f62356b1ae41.jpg

Anyone else figured out that cast iron lasts generations and is non stick?

NoTeflonForMePunkin

My Mum and Dad had this great sized cast iron frying pan which we saved. It's been sitting in the pot drawer for years now and when I think of it a great many next morning Chinese fry-up and countless lamb chops, eggs and so on were cooked up. Crikey it must be close to 50 years old and weighs plenty.

It did take awhile to heat up but the temp was very well spread by memory.

Thanks Garry, I might go and dig the ol' girl out over the weekend.

Edit; mentioning the Chinese fry up. Back then when we did buy the occasional Chinese takeaway, whatever was left over from the feast we'd chuck in the foresaid frying pan ( fried rice, beef and black bean, honey prawns, sweet and sour pork - you get the idea) and serve it up on toast the next morning. Breakfast of champions.