Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)

Rapt that this game is up, one of my all time fav's.

Had problems with the external hard drive that I had my mame files on, lost everything including the wife's photo's so haven't been able to play on the internet PC.

Luckily I had also saved mame to an old PC that isn't connected to the net so playing on that. Pretty confident I'll get a bigger score (gunning for that hi score, just worried about how high Rat goes) so I'll wait until Monday to save a snap shot onto a zip drive & post it on here.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29xajox.png

This is the only game I got over 2 nil with, get to approx 1.5 - 1.8 mil regularly. Big thanks to this Youtube, gave me some good hints on patterns (hope this doesn't constitute cheating...). Must say the dude on here has an insane skill level, not idea what his DIP setting are for bird speed but worth checking out.....

Edited by Ramere

Rapt that this game is up, one of my all time fav's.

Had problems with the external hard drive that I had my mame files on, lost everything including the wife's photo's so haven't been able to play on the internet PC.

Luckily I had also saved mame to an old PC that isn't connected to the net so playing on that. Pretty confident I'll get a bigger score (gunning for that hi score, just worried about how high Rat goes) so I'll wait until Monday to save a snap shot onto a zip drive & post it on here.

Did you also have a backup of the photos somewhere? if not I have a mate who is fairly handy with data recovery.

I'm going to set aside a couple of hours to play Bomb Jack tonight, start worrying ;)

I am done!! I started at 6am and this game can now shove itself up its own ass!

:lol

Massive score :038:

I'm improving for a Bumjack n00b approaching 300k now... but i'm so far off you guys though it's a bit sad :cry

Found a couple of hours to play, had about 6 games and only really got in the zone once.

Not enough for the record score...will it be enough for MGL X ?

Round 68!! After about 35 its on and on, limited point pressing on certain levels. Great score Rat!

Can Dk and Ramere have a corker? C'mon lads:)

Yeah I only go for the bonus' for the first 10 screens or so, then after that some of them are easy to get and some are not worth it.

When you get in the zone you can totally defeat the game, by not taking too many risks.

The screens clock at 99 back to 0 but stay the same difficulty.

The score does not clock at 10mill, much to my disappointment when I first did it.

From memory my PB is over 30mill in the arcades, and clocked the screens a few times to get that. I thought about trying for 100mill, but realized that was too long to play.

Did you also have a backup of the photos somewhere? if not I have a mate who is fairly handy with data recovery.

I'm going to set aside a couple of hours to play Bomb Jack tonight, start worrying ;)

Photo's still on the PC, the external HD was the back up!!!

Lost everything as I had to re-format the drive.

Have spent way too many hours playing Bomb Jack but strangely enough not sick of it at all...

Nothing to be ashamed about with that score mate! Where's your screen shot.....points points points?

Ah, just re read....5 lives.

My scores in mate -> back a page. I had 5 lives going into round 15 after the E's & score of 850k... totally stuffed it up :(

Congrats to the top 3 on this one, those scores are HUGE well done :)

My scores in mate -> back a page. I had 5 lives going into round 15 after the E's & score of 850k... totally stuffed it up :(

Congrats to the top 3 on this one, those scores are HUGE well done :)

Ah, my mistake:redface Well done Section Z, and well done Ramere. Youv'e taken me down:D I'll have to retaliate at the next meet mate.

Ah, my mistake:redface Well done Section Z, and well done Ramere. Youv'e taken me down:D I'll have to retaliate at the next meet mate.

Cheers mate, 1 game in the zone which isn't that great considering I reckon I racked up over 20 hours on it this week :o

Played today & could barely crack the mil. Reckon we're both lucky Rat only put a couple of hours in though, he looked a class above from the brief go at Spaz in Tas.

Cheers mate, 1 game in the zone which isn't that great considering I reckon I racked up over 20 hours on it this week :o

Played today & could barely crack the mil. Reckon we're both lucky Rat only put a couple of hours in though, he looked a class above from the brief go at Spaz in Tas.

Too true! Is Rat back at work now? I was hoping to see a 10 mil run from him.

None the less, enjoy your win mate, its what counts on the day:cool:

MGL - X

Game 8 Results

Game 8 is officially over

For some reason the post didn't post when I did this last week :unsure The leaderboard was still updated, so here it is again :)

Results for Game 8: Bombjack

1. Ramere 2,357,960

25 points

2. wingtipvortex 2,011,370

20 points

3. Rat 1,844,430

16 points

4. DKong 1,134,810

13 points

5. SectionZ 933,690

11 points

6. kane 360,220