Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MGL - X Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by SectionZ View Post
    The older version (set 2) says 'YOU ARE LUCY' instead of 'YOU ARE LUCKY'. when you collect the special - no game play difference.

The free life setting is to do with the first three switches on dip2 - the manual states these should be left off. Someone must of figured out what they did 'ie bonus life @ 100k' so it was added to mame in later versions.
    I did notice on level 6 ( the second pyramid/sphinx screen) the enemies are different. Set 2 gives you the silver diagonal bouncing ones but set 1 gives the black homing (I hate them) ones.
    It really ruins the way I do that pattern as I can loop around quickly and get up the bottom right hand side on Set 2 but set 1 it won't happen
    So there is a difference in the sets and probably more than I just noticed.
    So Set 1 it is.

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    255 Post(s)
    The older version (set 2) says 'YOU ARE LUCY' instead of 'YOU ARE LUCKY'. when you collect the special - no game play difference.

The free life setting is to do with the first three switches on dip2 - the manual states these should be left off. Someone must of figured out what they did 'ie bonus life @ 100k' so it was added to mame in later versions.
    Thats right. Funny thing is, "YOU ARE LUCY" is what i remember from my arcade days? Maybe we should be playing the original arcade version

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    I did notice on level 6 ( the second pyramid/sphinx screen) the enemies are different. Set 2 gives you the silver diagonal bouncing ones but set 1 gives the black homing (I hate them) ones.
    It really ruins the way I do that pattern as I can loop around quickly and get up the bottom right hand side on Set 2 but set 1 it won't happen
    So there is a difference in the sets and probably more than I just noticed.
    So Set 1 it is.
    Actually I was just having the same trouble on level 6 getting killed bottom right.
    Need to rethink that pattern...

Best so far is around 500k hope to crack the mil

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Australia

Round 29, have managed nearly this score on round 17 didn't point push on this game and just went for some "free balling" or is that "free bombing" takes a bit of pressure off

Actually I was just having the same trouble on level 6 getting killed bottom right.
    Need to rethink that pattern...

Best so far is around 500k hope to crack the mil
    You are on course it is possible to get 1,000,000 on level 10 but that is with enemies set to hard I think as it releases 2 birds at the start giving you more "B" bonus's with the P best I ever did was just over 900,000.
    Plus you have to get the P when it is silver as it gives you 2000 points and X 5 is 10,000 right there and the P kill can net 50,000 points with X bonus right up and get all enemies
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DKong; 17th February 2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quoted
    352 Post(s)

Starting to get the hang of it, was completely useless the first night of practise though.
    Last edited by kane; 22nd February 2010 at 03:27 PM.

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    UK

Best so far...
    Last edited by SectionZ; 22nd February 2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Score

State
    Tassie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Rapt that this game is up, one of my all time fav's.

Had problems with the external hard drive that I had my mame files on, lost everything including the wife's photo's so haven't been able to play on the internet PC.

Luckily I had also saved mame to an old PC that isn't connected to the net so playing on that. Pretty confident I'll get a bigger score (gunning for that hi score, just worried about how high Rat goes) so I'll wait until Monday to save a snap shot onto a zip drive & post it on here.

This is the only game I got over 2 nil with, get to approx 1.5 - 1.8 mil regularly. Big thanks to this Youtube, gave me some good hints on patterns (hope this doesn't constitute cheating...). Must say the dude on here has an insane skill level, not idea what his DIP setting are for bird speed but worth checking out.....
    Last edited by Ramere; 21st February 2010 at 01:57 PM.

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1269 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramere View Post
    Rapt that this game is up, one of my all time fav's.

Had problems with the external hard drive that I had my mame files on, lost everything including the wife's photo's so haven't been able to play on the internet PC.

Luckily I had also saved mame to an old PC that isn't connected to the net so playing on that. Pretty confident I'll get a bigger score (gunning for that hi score, just worried about how high Rat goes) so I'll wait until Monday to save a snap shot onto a zip drive & post it on here.
    Did you also have a backup of the photos somewhere? if not I have a mate who is fairly handy with data recovery.

I'm going to set aside a couple of hours to play Bomb Jack tonight, start worrying

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1394 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post

I am done!! I started at 6am and this game can now shove itself up its own ass!

Massive score

I'm improving for a Bumjack n00b approaching 300k now... but i'm so far off you guys though it's a bit sad

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1269 Post(s)
    Australia

Found a couple of hours to play, had about 6 games and only really got in the zone once.

Not enough for the record score...will it be enough for MGL X ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information