Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MGL - X Game 8: Bomb Jack (Set 1) (Tehkan)

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wingtipvortex View Post
    I think we play with the dips on medium, thats what ive played this game on.
    Dk, can you confirm what settings mate.

Both MAME default dips I have are

Lives 3
    Bird Speed Easy
    Enemies Number & Speed Medium
    Special Coin Easy

I couldn't do the dips last night as I wasn't close to a MAME setup

Also the rom is bombjack , game is (Set 2), I will update the first post

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKong View Post
    Both MAME default dips I have are

Lives 3
    Bird Speed Easy
    Enemies Number & Speed Medium
    Special Coin Easy

I couldn't do the dips last night as I wasn't close to a MAME setup

Also the rom is bombjack , game is (Set 2), I will update the first post
    Thanks for the update - Thats the settings Ive always played on even in the arcade!

Mame has updated the defaults to hard, hard, easy - which also matches the factory defaults according to the manual!

I'm playing on my original board so I wanted to make sure I got the right settings

State
    Tasmania
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1279 Post(s)
    In my mame 0.135 it says that (bombjack)rom is set1 and that set2 (bombjack2)rom is a clone of set1

Also noticed that when I checked the dips there was an option to change the scores to get a free man. This should be set at "none".
    Last edited by Rat; 17th February 2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    In my mame 0.135 it says that (bombjack)rom is set1 and that set2 (bombjack2)rom is a clone of set1

Also noticed that when I checked the dips there was an option to change the scores to get a free man. This should be set at "none".
    Thanks Rat, Is there any difference between Set 1 and Set 2 should we play Set 1

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post

Been playing set 2 for some time, downloaded set 1 and played for a couple of hours, cant see any difference Maybe go set 1 as thats what they play on Twin Galaxies.

I cant seem to find anywhere on 1 or 2 to adjust a free life? There is an option to adjust default high score though. Its set on 10,000 by default.

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)

Booya! Cracked 100k

I'd forgotten what a fun game this is, always wished I knew more about it. The game has a real nice combination of chaos and precision that makes it so playable.

Q: Should you always try to get the bombs in 'lit' sequence ? This seems to set off the 'P' bonus earlier...and is there an easy way to get the 'B' bonus come out sooner?

Edit: Score update
    Last edited by Jed; 20th February 2010 at 03:11 PM.

State
    Tasfunkia
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    261 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Booya! Cracked 100k

I'd forgotten what a fun game this is, always wished I knew more about it. The game has a real nice combination of chaos and precision that makes it so playable.

Q: Should you always try to get the bombs in 'lit' sequence ? This seems to set off the 'P' bonus earlier...and is there an easy way to get the 'B' bonus come out sooner?
    If you get the lit bombs in sequence, you will receive 50K at the end of each level.
    So by the end of level 2 , you will have cracked 100K+

State
    NSW
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1433 Post(s)
    If you get the lit bombs in sequence, you will receive 50K at the end of each level.
    Wow....! thanks for the tip. It took me 14 levels to get my 150k

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)

Been playing set 2 for some time, downloaded set 1 and played for a couple of hours, cant see any difference Maybe go set 1 as thats what they play on Twin Galaxies.

I cant seem to find anywhere on 1 or 2 to adjust a free life? There is an option to adjust default high score though. Its set on 10,000 by default.
    The adjusting free life comes out in later MAME versions for some reason, just set it to none if anyone is running this version of MAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammasized View Post
    Booya! Cracked 100k

The P comes out once the bar at the top of the screen maxes out (around the X bonus you are on) I think the lit bombs increase it quicker.

Also the B comes out every 5000 points so if you are close to a 5000 point multiple flap your wings (wiggle joystick) against sides to get small point increases.

Thats right learning the patterns helps but the lit bombs are lit one after another in rows..
    Last edited by DKong; 17th February 2010 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.

State
    WA
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)

The older version (set 2) says 'YOU ARE LUCY' instead of 'YOU ARE LUCKY'. when you collect the special - no game play difference.

The free life setting is to do with the first three switches on dip2 - the manual states these should be left off. Someone must of figured out what they did 'ie bonus life @ 100k' so it was added to mame in later versions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information