Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Subscribed Threads

• Administrators

This was brought up by SPURR awhile back.

SPURR asked was there any way to quickly find threads that you have posted in.

Lets just say there are a few ways to go about it but Dan has taught me something new today.

The option is under

User CP

Edit Options

Default Thread Subscription Mode

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Options Are

Do not subscribe

No email notification

Instant email notification

Daily email notification

Weekly email notification

By default this was set to "Do not subscribe" I have now set everybodies (and new users) default to "No email notification". However you can set this to what ever you like.

So from now on all you have to do to see threads you have posted under is click on "Quick Links" then select "Subscribed Threads"

Sometimes with Vbulletin updates good new features are added in and disabled by default.

If anybody chooses to use the email notification please make sure your email is up to date and PLEASE disable email notification when you go away on holidays. I was bombarded with return "vacation" "I'm away will be back on XXXX" junk mail during Christmas.

Cheers

Travis

You can also just press the USER CP button at the very top left, under Home, and you will see all threads that you have replied in, including any new messages and notifications that you may have.

It's a one button press, if you go through USER CP.

This is the quickest way to check out what's been happening on the forum since your last visit. Pressing USER CP will automatically show you any new posts in the threads that you have replied in.

Then, once you have checked them out, off to NEW POSTS button for any interesting threads you want to check out and reply in.

Doesn't get any easier than that.

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks for the tip that's pretty handy. This is a bit off topic but is there anyway to change 'new posts' so that they don't disappear after reading them or is that an admin thing? (couldn't see anything in options) I'm used to them just losing the bold font and the number of times I've read a new thread, not replied straight away and then had to search through the forum to try find it again.

• 1 month later...