Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jamma Power Supply

gamedude has them cheap as AA store specials

+1

If all you're doing is stuff like the 60-in-1, just grab one of his.

Personally, I'm wondering where you grab the jucier 20A PSUs, I'm on the lookout for a Sun or similar to keep my Model 2 and Model 3 games happy (currently using a hacked ATX PSU from a PC which is doing the job for the Model 3, and using my 16A Peter Chou for JAMMA stuff; would rather consolidate into a single unit though).

not wanting to gamedude out of a sale, but why not just get a old computer power supply which are quite often free?

i retract the above if you are going to use a chassis and arcade monitor ... if using a pc monitor, the above applies :)

this thread will be of interest if you want to go the pc psu route

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=29568

You can not regulate the +5V supply !

Yeah this is a real pain in the butt !! have also noticed that a lot of PC power supplies don,t have -5 volts anymore ( necessary for sound on many original game boards ) , most don't have 110/240 selector anymore , they are pain to mount unless you make up a bracket and there are no screw terminals so this means lots of cutting and joining or re-pinning.

They are great for PC's though :)

Yeah with my first supergun I used a PC PSU that didn't have a -5v so I hooked up a 7905 (-5v regulator).

After going to the trouble of doing that the capacitors in the PSU started making a really loud noise, lol.

PC power supplies (unless you go for Antec, Thermaltake, etc) are cheap pieces of unrealiable shit. Don't risk damaging your PCB's with them.

Edit: Jomac: I was under the impression the switch was removed because the units these days work on both 110V and 240V. Is this incorrect?

Edited by Hewitson