Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

loose lamp sockets

highlander2287

Question

guys, on my sttng machine thre are 2 bulbs which keep going out. i have replaced them and they work for awhile but then seem to stop working. after taking the lamp board out i can seethat the socket that these bulbs go into are loose. i push them back in a bit and replace the board and again they work for awhile before stopping.

it appears that they need to be resoldered to the board so that they are firmly attached to the board. i have never soldered in my life. does this seem like the general way to fix this problem. is this a common problem on machines .

thanks brett

1 answer to this question

I's say thats certainly your problem, looks like you will need to learn to solder. Trust me its not that hard.

I started with a $15 iron that worked but was not fantastic, but if you are only ever going to do one or two jobs like this, you'll get away with it. I now have a soldering station that was about $100 from Jaycar which is heaps better with a range of tip sizes and variable temperature.

Have a look at this video as it explains things quite well