Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sydney to Adelaide

kkb

Is anyone able to help me find the shortest route as i have to take my son to Adelaide for a cycling race. I have look at "where is " ( my car has a built in gps which use "where is") and also "travelmate" . One wants me to go through Mildura while the other wants me to go through Ouyen/Murray Bridge.

Am looking at doing a long first day drive -maybe 10-12hrs. Does any one know of a safe town to stay at and or ones to avoid as we are carrying 4 bikes worth up to 11.5k each.

Any help appreciated - THANKS

Mate I'm no expert on interstate driving, but Google Maps tells me that between the 2 different routes you have suggested, there is only 50Km's difference....the quicker route is through Murray Bridge. But if you go the Mildura way you might actually get to see some of the river which might make the drive a bit more interesting?

As for looking for a safe place to stay overnight, is it possible to bring the bikes into the hotel room with you? Maybe hire a shack for $150 for the night in Mildura so you have plently of room to put the bikes inside? No way I'd be leaving them on the car racks! But then again, I dont know how difficult it is to remove the etc.

Thanks for the replies - we always look for a hotel that let us take the bikes into the rooms .This is hard as motels are concerned about oil dripping on the carpet but if any of my sons bikes were leaking oil i would be the one concerned :lol. We also also take sheets to put under the bike anyway and the bikes are always spotless but i was thinking about the spares and tools left in the lock car.

I drove to Adelaide from Goulburn, about two years ago to pick up a pinball from Brendan (xygt) and visit Amusement Worx as well. I went along the Hay Plains and it took around 12 hours or so, from memory, to get there. It was after midnight and I stayed in the back of the van in some car park where a derelict Pizza Hut?? building was located. :D

That Hay Plains is one long drive. It seems like it will never end.

Cheers,

Dan

• Administrators
It was after midnight and I stayed in the back of the van in some car park

Shit Dan, I'm supprised you could fit in the back of the van for all of the pins that always seem to be in there! :)

Dave

sounds like junkfood junction. was there a maccers, kfc and hungry jacks next to the derelict pizza hut? re OP id go mildura way and stay there. just take the bikes into your accomodation. the hay plains are gayer then the germs in aids. rinse and repeat for hour upon hour.

Ooooooo, Ken, can you bring me back a vanilla slice please?

Dave

Dave

While looking for driving instructions i can across a forum site with a

person offering directions via bakeries . It told you to stop at this town for

pies then stop at another for vanilla slices etc . Was that you Dave.

Can always bring you back one but will have to buy several as i struggle with

a sweet tooth and cannot guarantee their survival. :lol:lol:lol

Ken...

Im off to Ouyen in the morning.I'll let you know how the roads etc are that way.

chris

Chris

Thank you :D:D:D:D

Ken..

• Administrators
Dave

While looking for driving instructions i can across a forum site with a

person offering directions via bakeries . It told you to stop at this town for

pies then stop at another for vanilla slices etc . Was that you Dave.

Can always bring you back one but will have to buy several as i struggle with

a sweet tooth and cannot guarantee their survival. :lol:lol:lol

Ken...

Google Ouyen and vanilla slice and all will become clear :)

Dave