Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game 4: Rainbow Islands- The Story of Bubble Bobble 2

Damn, some gorgeous classic Marquees in there Jammasized :-)

I particularly dig 'Scramble'!

Yeh it's groovy in a 70's font kinda way :) I really like Moon Patrol and Berzerk - all these Marqs are from games that have a special place in my gaming heart. If only they had an original Space Wars...

Anyway they're all up on the walls now and have pride of place in my Garage, otherwise known as

http://i50.tinypic.com/2eczwhe.jpg

:D

Yeh it's groovy in a 70's font kinda way :) I really like Moon Patrol and Berzerk - all these Marqs are from games that have a special place in my gaming heart. If only they had an original Space Wars...

Anyway they're all up on the walls now and have pride of place in my Garage, otherwise known as

http://i50.tinypic.com/2eczwhe.jpg

:D

Awesome neon sign, love it and the Marquee's , great score some pearlers in there :D Favourite of mine is Moonpatrol as well, plus Defender, Scramble ahh there all great timeless for us retro gamers :D

I only have a Midway Galaxian but can see some potential in a backlit wall with a heap of Marquees.

Back to the game, managed 726,000 tonight, still didn't get all the diamonds to unlock the secret door ( seem to get stuck on seven of them :realmad:)

some great bonus's in this game a would be a good one to play at the Spazzy in Tassie meet ( so Rat can show me how he gets 1,500,000 :p) plus its a fairly quick game.

Back to the game, managed 726,000 tonight, still didn't get all the diamonds to unlock the secret door ( seem to get stuck on seven of them :realmad:)

some great bonus's in this game a would be a good one to play at the Spazzy in Tassie meet ( so Rat can show me how he gets 1,500,000 :p) plus its a fairly quick game.

Gotta hate that speed up mode, it's so hard to climb when fast unless you have the double rainbow thing happenning :cool:

Gotta hate that speed up mode, it's so hard to climb when fast unless you have the double rainbow thing happenning :cool:

I find jumping and rainbowing flat out, spazzy like ( meanwhile dodging enemies) the best way to get a good score.

Seems the the points you unlock from things dropping down go up to 5000 and beyond instead of 10 pts:unsure

Not sure how I get all these bonus's but the spazzy jump, rainbow,jump,rainbow flat out, no system just go spazzy on it weird friggen game :lol

MGL - X

Game 4 Results

Game 4 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 4: Rainbow Islands

1. Ramere 1,555,590

25 points

2. Rat 1,514,190

20 points

3. xen 1,391,510

16 points

4. kane 1,139,590

13 points

5. SectionZ 972,880

11 points

6. DKong 726,440

10 points

7. Retrogamer 711,980

9 points

8. Jammasized 418,290

8 points

9. dezbaz 133,180

7 points

10. MamePatrol 113,990

6 points

11. Foot 42,840

5 points

12. Wingtipvortex 22,240

4 points

Leaderboard has been updated

Edited by DKong

The secret rooms are the key to getting high scores.

Worth an extra 200k and you then get a permanent powerup!

I never really played it much in arcade, but hammered it on braybrooks excellent C64 version

I still prefer that version over amiga or arcade, but I guess its what your used too :)

The secret rooms are the key to getting high scores.

Worth an extra 200k and you then get a permanent powerup!

I never really played it much in arcade, but hammered it on braybrooks excellent C64 version

I still prefer that version over amiga or arcade, but I guess its what your used too :)

I never found any secret doors, but I did get a bonus where large 100k money bags started dropping from the roof, was worth 300k in one of the games I played.

I really needed another day on this one, I had a ton of games at about 800-900k but something always went wrong and stuffed me from getting a high.

A thousand apologies....whilst in a feverish delirium brought on by the lobotomy inducing tones of Rainbow Islands it would appear that i may have 'lost some time' somewhere!:lol

It was a bit after 8 when i posted, so i understand if my score was not counted....s'all good....rules is rules!:D

A thousand apologies....whilst in a feverish delirium brought on by the lobotomy inducing tones of Rainbow Islands it would appear that i may have 'lost some time' somewhere!:lol

It was a bit after 8 when i posted, so i understand if my score was not counted....s'all good....rules is rules!:D

It was my beer lobotomy that was cursing you thought whew have it done then ahh have to redo the fucker:030:

all good mate ( I hope the scores are right :lol) someone tell me if I fucked up;)

I never found any secret doors, but I did get a bonus where large 100k money bags started dropping from the roof, was worth 300k in one of the games I played.

I really needed another day on this one, I had a ton of games at about 800-900k but something always went wrong and stuffed me from getting a high.

To get the secret room collect all the diamonds in the order of the rainbow ROYGBIV

Secret door appears on boss level, kill the boss, get the large Diamond, then enter the secret room, too late now but there it is :p .... hang on you beat my score :realmad:

I will do it this time ;) but tardiness is not accepted :lol

Shit I did again, edit instead of quoting, the post above /I hijacked kanes and edited his , need sleep lol DKong .:o

was meant to say earlier

now I have to readjust the scores :rolleyes:018: Its a warning retrogamer :p

I will do it this time ;) but tardiness is not accepted :lol

Shit I did again, edit instead of quoting, the post above was mine, need sleep lol DKong