Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Monitor has no green

zesty

Question

Hey guys! I have a 39-1 multicade cocktail. All of a sudden the green is gone. When i pull up the red blue green balance the green is simply black. Everything else works great. Any ideas on a fix before I pay the repair guy to come out? Thanks

7 answers to this question

Hey guys! I have a 39-1 multicade cocktail. All of a sudden the green is gone. When i pull up the red blue green balance the green is simply black. Everything else works great. Any ideas on a fix before I pay the repair guy to come out? Thanks

Have a quick look at the neck board (plugs onto the tube) there are thre transistors on that board - usually flat black parts with three legs each and mostly mounted on an aluminium heatsink.

It is VERY common for these to become dry jointed on the board as they run very hot.

Some have zener doides that act as protection device, as well, so put the multimeter to good use. But before all that just try taking the neck board on and off a few times, sometimes the contacts get tarnish and a couple of insertions clean the contacts up.

As always make sure the power is off, before you try anything.

i know it's pretty basic, but something else to consider might be whether the green signal is hitting the monitor chassis in the 1st place??

had a cab with no green. turned out to be a poor connection somewhere between the 3 segments of cable between the jamma output and monitor chassis input.