Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Stern Spiderman Mods

I've had my game for 48 hours now so it's time to mod.....

All my mods were bought from Pinball Life.

First up was the target decals made by Pinball Decals. I reckon these look great installed and make a nice improvement. This is worth it just for the Venom and Sandman target decals alone. The decals aren't cheap for what they are but are great quality so should never need replacing. I put these on my Monster Bash a couple of years ago and they are still looking new.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1554&parent=176

Next I did the Pinball Life Venom light kit. Once installed I haven't really noticed much of a difference with this. The 3 blue #44 lamps in this kit you can't see from a playing position and there is only a marginal blue glow from them. Even so, I'd still do it again because it's only cheap. The blue #906 LED is very bright so if anything that does make it stand out.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1370&parent=176

The Green Goblin kit is a different story - it looks awesome! There is a great green glow around the whole area and very worthwhile doing. Highly recommend doing this!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1252&parent=176

Lastly, I installed the shaker motor. I was thinking this would be a pain to install but it was very easy. I reckon maybe 10 minutes tops.

I installed a shaker motor in my AFM and I have kind of mixed feelings on that. It is good but the effect really doesn't justify the money for it (USD195). Due to this I was hesitant whether to get this shaker motor but now that I have it in the game I am happy I did. The timing of the shaking is more integrated into the game (compared to my AFM) due to software being programmed for it.

This shaker motor was around USD150 but they're gone from Pinball Life's site - maybe out of stock? Overall, I reckon the shaker motor is a goer and very worthwhile.

I also bought the topper and light kit but I can't install the topper because I don't have any brackets for it. Anyone else installed this?

Anyone else done mods yet or have any opinions on their Spidy mods??

Wow, those addons are fantastic. I think that will be my 1st order for my SM.

I was thinking of the addons from Black Alley Creations......Just waiting for them to start taking orders...

Are you going to do the LED upgrade?

Cheers

907736472_spiderman20train20installed201.jpg.e691105976453dd3dfa3b215cff34f7e.jpg

1748590432_sm20full20buildings20installed.jpg.4d77b8ddc30f5ec3edcd5b467d86386f.jpg

I have the Topper and light kit from Pinball Life

The under cab lighting from pinball life

The target decals from Pinball decals

The Blue webbed plastic protectors from Pinbits

Venom and Green goblin LED kits from Pinball Life

Full insert LEDs from Pinball Life plus some color changing LEDs from Albert

Steve Ritchie coloured webslingers (waiting on these)

Also added black leg bolts

Custom cards too follow

I have the Topper and light kit from Pinball Life

The under cab lighting from pinball life

The target decals from Pinball decals

The Blue webbed plastic protectors from Pinbits

Venom and Green goblin LED kits from Pinball Life

Full insert LEDs from Pinball Life plus some color changing LEDs from Albert

Steve Ritchie coloured webslingers (waiting on these)

Also added black leg bolts

Custom cards too follow

So Gav, some questions...

- how did you attach the topper?

- what are your thoughts on the blue webbed protectors from Pinbits? I didn't really understand what they were when I was looking at their site. What exactly are they?

- where'd you get the custom cards or are you making them yourself? I'd love to see them!

So Gav, some questions...

- how did you attach the topper?

- what are your thoughts on the blue webbed protectors from Pinbits? I didn't really understand what they were when I was looking at their site. What exactly are they?

- where'd you get the custom cards or are you making them yourself? I'd love to see them!

I have'nt got the topper on yet, AMD have sent me the brackets which I should get today.

The webbed protectors are still coming from Pinbits. Not sure exactly what to expect with these. I'm keen to get them so I don't break any of thoses shiny new plastics, by all accounts the blue webbing really sets the game off, but I'll reserve judgemant and post pics when they arrive.

The best cards can be found here;

http://www.pinballrebel.com/game/pins/instruction/index.htm

I'll probably go with these ones;

Just print them out on photo paper:cool:

Thanks Gav, those cards look awesome!

What I don't understand is the plastic guard set with the blue webbing doesn't have as many pieces as the standard set. Do you need to buy both sets? I just don't get it....

http://pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_45&zenid=7ab6cf50158e1b22e02aaa711b6139ab

How good is this game! I am enjoying it at the moment, as much as I've enjoyed playing any game ever!

Last night I almost completed all the villains (completed Sandman and was on the final battle for the other 3) but had only completed one mode so was still a way off from Super Hero mode. I need to work on shooting those white spiders!

A top 5 game for me without question :)

The $35 set is the one I got. I think there are a couple more in the standard set but in less likely to break areas. I agree it's a top 5 game for sure. Steve Ritchie and Lyman Sheats at their absolute peak. Best Stern ever IMO.

Lookin' great Gav! Spidy is a pin waiting for LEDs if I ever saw one....

I have done the blues for Venom and what a difference they made! I'll be working on the rest very soon.

How cool is the lighting when you shoot the Venom ramp with all the "blues" going off and also when you hit Venom with the green lighting!!

This is so fkn cool it is - it's like a fast and furious rock 'n' roll pinny when compared to LOTR. Just with the first game I played, I knew this game was a winner :)

Well done Gav :)

I have done the blues for Venom and what a difference they made! I'll be working on the rest very soon.

How cool is the lighting when you shoot the Venom ramp with all the "blues" going off and also when you hit Venom with the green lighting!!

This is so fkn cool it is - it's like a fast and furious rock 'n' roll pinny when compared to LOTR. Just with the first game I played, I knew this game was a winner :)

Must say I trust your advice Mark and think you have swayed me to a SM from a TSPP (Always was a SM fan from cartoons to comics)

Looks like the next will be another Steve Ritchie pinball good way to round of from FP,F14,T2 .

Now just have to find one, was this one of the re-release ones , maybe I will give Cashbox Amusements a call tomorrow and see what they can do, or should I wait for the Chinese $4500.00 ones stated from EB

You should add the green LED to Green Goblin spotlight. WICKED. I put a yellow LED in the Sandman Spotlight and White on Doc-Oc:cool:

Must say I trust your advice Mark and think you have swayed me to a SM from a TSPP (Always was a SM fan from cartoons to comics)

Looks like the next will be another Steve Ritchie pinball good way to round of from FP,F14,T2 .

Now just have to find one, was this one of the re-release ones , maybe I will give Cashbox Amusements a call tomorrow and see what they can do, or should I wait for the Chinese $4500.00 ones stated from EB

I really think you can't go wrong with a Spiderman Ben, but it is a big decision when buying a NIB. Good luck!

You should add the green LED to Green Goblin spotlight. WICKED. I put a yellow LED in the Sandman Spotlight and White on Doc-Oc:cool:

I'll be giving that a go Gav - thanks for the tip :)

I've had my game for 48 hours now so it's time to mod.....

Spidy came today, I did not set it up and have a game before I started moding

I figured adding the Spiderman topper was going to be easier to add while the game was sitting on the ground

Also, I am going to crome it up, so I set it up with crome legs instead of the supplied black legs

Crome lockdown bar

Will take pics later, 3.5 hours driving, an hour to set up, I am hot/tired

I think you may have missed out on getting a Spiderman (but it will not hurt to call Leo)

But I will tell you that they are getting TSPP in January

Try AMD, I found them to be great to deal with:)

Thanks for the pics Gav. I need some protectors, would you recommend getting the webbed ones over just the normal ones?

Absolutely, The normal ones are OK but the larger webbed ones look wicked. I love the way they extend from the bottom of the sligshot over the inlane. Some of the upper plastics are a nightmare to get to though and in hindsight I would have gotten just the Slings and spidey sense ones.

Thanks for the pics on the protectors, defininetly going to get some. Love the decals as well and the Led mods.

just a side note.

Noticed the dohnut rubbers wearing on the left orbit and left ramp, also had a crack on a plastic where the sandman vuk shoots the balls and a slight ding in the playfield at the same location.

Thanks for the pics on the protectors, defininetly going to get some. Love the decals as well and the Led mods.

just a side note.

Noticed the dohnut rubbers wearing on the left orbit and left ramp, also had a crack on a plastic where the sandman vuk shoots the balls and a slight ding in the playfield at the same location.

On mine:unsure I hadn't noticed anything???