Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How much do you spend on Christmas presents?

How much do you spend on Christmas presents?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you spend on Christmas presents?

• Under $50
    • $50 - $100
    • $100 - $200
    • Over $200

Way toooooo much !!!!!!!!! :lol:lol

My kids get spoilt, the wife and I just agree on anything needed and the other rellies are around $40 to $50 each.....

This year its a $3.5k family trip to Bali in February............. Plus the fact I just spent $40k having the new pool put in and the backyard upgrade means I have spent WAY TOOOOO MUCH for 2009............. :cry:cry:cry

I did get myself an A1 condition Fishtales though and I am now starting to look for the next buy so I can't really complain....

This year we told the kids they have $200 each to chose what they want for Xmas. And the missus and I get what we want, nothing too extravagant, just if we see something we really want within reason we get it in the name of Xmas.

last year i spent about 600 bucks on Matt, and about 300 on my mum...and my grandma gets something handmade by me... this year, it's a personalised 2010 calender - as she loves photos of us.

My family is really only my mum and little sister and matt, & my grandma so they get spoilt, and all of Matt's family gets some nice alcohol (eg. his mum got a bottle of moet last year)

Every present I get is a bonus considering the crappy gifts I use to give year's ago to my parents. Funny thing full circle:D. For the poll ,girls get 250-300. My dad gets what he needs and then some.We swap a prawn or two between our selves :lol.

last year i spent about 600 bucks on Matt, and about 300 on my mum...and my grandma gets something handmade by me... this year, it's a personalised 2010 calender - as she loves photos of us.

My family is really only my mum and little sister and matt, & my grandma so they get spoilt, and all of Matt's family gets some nice alcohol (eg. his mum got a bottle of moet last year)

Just started doing photobooks etc from a criuse mid this year and there was the option of calenders - bugger - maybe next year for the dad

So it turns out I really am a tight arse! :laugh:

We mainly only buy presents for our kids and each other. The parents and nieces get something small (limit of $20 usually) as our family is a believer in "the thought that counts" and are not overly materialistic.

I can't imagine spending many hundreds of dollars on each child at Christmas or birthdays (except for milestone birthdays I guess). I don't really begrudge those that do spend that much as long as we're not dragged into it.

I personally think a lot of people go way over the top with gift giving, often getting themselves into financial trouble. I'd rather have a paid mortgage than lots of (often short lived) toys.

This year it's up to $100 but that's because for the first time both our families have agreed to do a secret santa type set up for the adults, one present to and from each person up to $100. So for the two families it's ~ $400 for us, a bit cheaper but it's mainly nice to be able spend $100 on one good present rather than trying to find loads of stuff for 30 or 40 bucks.

Kids (and wives :)) are seperate but seeing as my daughter is only 4 it probably wont be much more.