Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Monday Pinball Questionnaire

1. Earliest pinball memory? Playing some pinball & baseball machines at A1 sports center.

2. All time favourite pin? Why? Indiana Jones, I just love it.

3. Favourite pinball manufacture? Gottlieb for EM's Williams for electronics

4. Favourite game in your collection? Why? Indiana Jones for electronic, Target Alpha for EM

5. How long have you been collecting? 25 plus years

6. First game and how did you find it? Zaccaria Magic Castle, I knew the operator/owner.

7. Do you still have it? No

8. What are you currently working on? a Wild Fyre SS & Argosy EM

9. Most wanted game to add to your collection? I don't have one in mind, there all keepers.

10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection? Target Alpha bought damaged & dead for $600.

11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away! Hasn't happened yet!

12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought. Elektra, No bumpers or skill required to play.

13. Describe your collection. See my AA Signature.

14. Describe your gamesroom. See New gameroom & parking post

15. Do you have other games other than pinball? Yes, Videos, EM rife "Funland"

16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years? Still going newest machine out now are ten years older.

• Administrators

Tony, I'll have a look at possibly merging or copying in some older dedicated posts into this thread so they are all in one place, I put a link post in the Pinball section to remind members that it is over here in case it was getting a bit lost.

Great post mate, will add my post over the weekend.

Dave

1. Earliest pinball memory?

Playing what i know know to be a gottlieb caveman ( thanks daniel for picking it from my clues) at a little arcade in high st armadale as a very young kid. I remember I didnt like the joystick idea much. found the screen an annoying sideline and preferred to bash the ball. My skills have never improved since.

2. All time favourite pin? Why?

centaur. i find most others annoying.. I dont play any of them much and commonly play one ball and turn them off again.

3. Favourite pinball manufacture?

Have to say classic bally if i was buying the t-shirt but I have no issues with any of the big three. gottlieb em's, bally SS, and bw dmd... you can keep your oddball zac's and stuff they dont interest me.

4. Favourite game in your collection? Why?

currently Flying carpet for the rebuilt challenge ( its utterly shagged) ... joker poker, centaur for the complete package, junkyard for 'modern' games.

my 'not for sale' lineup currently has roto pool, jokerpoker, centaur, firepower, taxi, diner and junkyard.. most everything else has a pricetag and is just passing through.

5. How long have you been collecting?

4 years or so .. i lost count. It feels like longer. Somehow i ended up full time in the industry now, its certainly driven me to drink. (and its done some bad stuff too)

6. First game and how did you find it?

Centaur .. on ebay from my well known associate... no i still dont work there. :P

7. Do you still have it?

yes and some more to keep it company.I remember only having one machine and missing playing it at home... now i have *lots* and dont even have one in the house. Its just work now.

8. What are you currently working on?

around 130 solid state and em machines that i may possibly never finish. The thing for me is in saving the dead machines, I like fixing them.. I dont like actually playing them.

9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?

bally double-up.. ill probably never turn it on.. i just love the art and the fact its stupidly rare. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3069

10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?

cosmic gunfight for less than i expected to pay for the backglass

11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away!

I bought a VERY mouldy medusa from mark well before i had the skills to save it... now that I have the skills the queue is so long that it is still in bits.. one day I will catch up to it.

12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought.

a near full set of ataris i had to take as part of a container deal .. they're still sitting there laughing at me. They will be sorry when i part them out. hah .. i wont let them win.

13. Describe your collection.

90% classic 1980's era with a few em's and a few new machines... my newest is junkyard and funhouse.. none of them every get played much.. working in the industry pretty much ruined the fun of actually playing for me. Its all about saving the unsaveable now.. Once they work properly very few hold my interest.

14. Describe your gamesroom.

I dont have one.. I have a workshop.

15. Do you have other games other than pinball?

quite a few video cabinets and a bally dune buggy EM arcade.

16. Where can you see the hobby in 10 years?

finding classics like EBD will require 'antique roadshow' coin.. sterns will be cheap and the restored ones will be better than new ones were.

1. Earliest pinball memory ?

It all started mid 1960,s (yes the 60,s) Mum & Dad would take us to Nth Wollongong beach most Sundays -I would collect the bottles from the beach & cash them in to play the pinball at the Kiosk -6d from memory,this was the start of my pinball addiction. Most days after school were spent at the local fish shops, milk bars (Cafe's for you younger ones) - just about every one of these shops had a pinball or two. In my teenage years most Fri & Sat nights consisted of alcohol,drugs,playing pinball,snooker,pumping coins into the money machines (Bingos) then heading off to the local dance (usually ACDC,Angels etc playing & Sherbert for the girls).

Finally at the age of 21 all these addictions stopped (including pinballs & money machines) - Reason I got married & have a loving wife of 39 years (who encouraged me to rekindle my pinball passion) & 3 children/7 grandkids.

They say as you get older your'e brain goes back to youre fondest memories when you were young -mine were the pinnies.

Well i could go on but better get to Q2 before everyone nods off.

2. All time favorite pin ? Why ?

Funny thing, the only one I can remember playing was a 1963 Gottleb Sweet Hearts

3. Favorite pinball manufacture ?

The big 3 (Gottlieb,Bally,Williams) - but seem to lean towards the early Bally em's. Don't go much on the 70s Retro art.

4. Favorite game in your collection? Why ?

Bally Bazaar - This was the first machine I got and is a great player.

5. How long have you been collecting ?

8 years.

1966 Bally Bazaar off ebay - got my wife to bid as she is pretty quick on ebay -drove my Mits.Mirage to Newcastle to pickup.

7. Do you still have it?

Yes. The only machine I will keep.

8. What are you currently working on ?

Nothing at the moment - Looking for another project pin.

9. Most wanted game to add to your collection ?

Either a Pinball Magic or a Ripleys Believe It Or Not.

10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection ?

Bally Pool Sharks - Cost me a carton of beer.

11. Worst ever miss - tell us about the one that got away '

A couple, seem to come up when I have limited funds.

12. Worst ever purchase - tell us about the game you wished you never bought.

None yet I hope.

13. Describe your collection

1966 Bally Bazaar - Restored

14. Describe your gamesroom

Living in a unit with a 1 single garage is a challenge. Can fit 3 machines + room for 1 project machine.

1959 Bally Carnival Queen (Bingo Machine)

60 in 1 Barcade i built.

Gemmy Zulton Fortune Teller

Hopefully em & electronic pinball collecting / restoring will grow & when my kids/grandkids inherit my collection & they keep them.

• 3 years later...

1. Earliest pinball memory?

while i am sure i had played before, the first games i remember playing were Williams Grand Prix and Space Oddesy

2. All time favourite pin? Why?

hard to pick one, Black Knight, Eightball Deluxe, space Shuttle, white Water, Spiderman

3. Favourite pinball manufacture?

all of them have produced great games

4. Favourite game in your collection? Why?

Whatever is working

5. How long have you been collecting?

Since 1982

Gottlieb Sure Shot local arcade was selling off their EMs, $110 for a single player, $120 for a two player

7. Do you still have it?

yes, it will be the last to go

8. What are you currently working on?

AbraCaDabra, actualy sold (not to me) at the same sale

9. Most wanted game to add to your collection?

Centaur

10. Best all time bargain game added to your collection?

Bally Playboy $450

11. Worst ever miss – tell us about the one that got away!

Back in the 80s saw a Bally Fireball for sale for $1200, which would have been the most i would have bought a game for at the time

12. Worst ever purchase – tell us about the game you wished you never bought

Batman TDK, my first NIB, out of the box the game was a dud, i thought i had just flushed thousands down the drain, up dating the code improved the game alot, but it took another 3 years for the finishiedcode to cone out

13. Describe your collection.

a slice of pinball heaven 1976 to 1984

14. Describe your gamesroom

Too many projects

Atari Star Wars upright

With the avaliability of spares , going well