Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Cabinet to Mame

As the title says I'm looking for Cabinet for a 1st off Mame project, being a first run I want to keep the costs to a minimum so feel free to offer up the battered and neglected. One of the old lowboy wood laminate ones would be perfect but I'll consider anything better than cardboard, original or not and will pick up basically anywhere from Two Rocks to Albany.

As the title says I'm looking for Cabinet for a 1st off Mame project, being a first run I want to keep the costs to a minimum so feel free to offer up the battered and neglected. One of the old lowboy wood laminate ones would be perfect but I'll consider anything better than cardboard, original or not and will pick up basically anywhere from Two Rocks to Albany.

I wish I could help at this stage but I cant........ Good luck finding an empty lowboy in Perth. My fingers are crossed for you though as you never know.....

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that if the wooden laminate lowboy's were the generic/ low cost cabinets originally they might be easier to find (especially as I'd prefer not to gut something that could still be restored properly), I take it I'm wrong there. I might be late to the retro party but hopefully I can still get lucky and pick up someone else's spur of the moment-was gonna do great things one day-purchase :).

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that if the wooden laminate lowboy's were the generic/ low cost cabinets originally they might be easier to find (especially as I'd prefer not to gut something that could still be restored properly), I take it I'm wrong there. I might be late to the retro party but hopefully I can still get lucky and pick up someone else's spur of the moment-was gonna do great things one day-purchase :).

I think you might have some luck finding a woodgrain laminate cabinet, its just a lowboy I doubt as these still fetch good $$$ in WA and most people restore them.

Hey Narf, that sounds very promising. I'm trying to imagine a 4 foot tall upright cab and it might be a little smaller than I had planned though my wife is likely to throw in a cartoon of beer herself if you stop me from dominating the games room :).

Just let me know once you've seen it.

havent got this yet mate owner has been busy

i got a advert going in the paper next week local also. i know of some dedicated cabs im just floating the bait to see if the owner has had second thoughts.

sometimes hit paydirt sometimes hit and miss