Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - X Game list

MGL - X Game List

1. 10 Yard fight
  2. 1941
  3. 1942
  4. Amidar
  5. bad dudes v ninjas
  6. Bagman
  7. Bank Panic
  8. Battlezone
  9. Berzerk
  10. Bomb Jack
  11. Bosconian
  12. Burgertime
  13. Burnin Rubber
  14. Cabal
  15. Commando (capcom)
  16. Crazy Kong
  17. Depth Charge
  18. Dig Dug
  19. Eggs
  20. Elevator Action
  21. Exerion
  22. Flicky
  23. Frogger
  24. Galaxian
  25. Gaplus
  26. Gravitar
  27. Green Beret
  28. Golden Axe
  29. Gunsmoke
  30. Guzzler
  31. Gyrus
  32. Hero
  33. Joust
  34. Jr Pacman
  35. Jungle Hunt
  36. Kangaroo
  37. Klax
  38. Kung Fu Master
  39. Lady bug
  40. Metal Slug 1
  41. Moon Patrol
  42. Mr Do
  43. Ms Pacman
  44. Nemesis
  45. New Rally X
  46. Pac Land (Set 1)
  47. Pengo
  48. Phoenix
  49. Pleaids
  50. QBert
  51. QIX
  52. Rainbow Islands
  53. Rally X
  54. Raiden
  55. Robotron 2084
  56. Ropeman
  57. Satan's Hollow
  58. Scramble
  59. Space Invaders
  60. Space Invaders '95 - Attack of the lunar loonies
  61. Stratavox
  62. The Speed Rumbler
  63. Time Pilot
  64. Track and Field
  65. Tutankham
  66. Wizard of Wor
  67. Wonder Boy
  68. Xevious
  69. Zippy Race

Let me know if I missed any.

Edited by DKong
  • Like 1

Game list looks great to me, did you take nominations and if so are they still open? If not no hassles I just love to have my 2c worth :)

Cheers

LT.

No problem I will leave nominations open till 30/11.

The start date is 7/12 with a 2 week break from 21/12/09 till 4/12/10

Should we mabye flick Exerion out, as it was in the last comp? Just a thought. Game list is lookin great:D

I can't change the nominations, its been nominated so someone wants to play it:)

http://www.thetshirtstudio.co.nz/designs/58747sweet%20as%20bro.png

Yeah ! I'm happy with the list, lots of good games there :D

• Like 1

Regarding the Exerion thing, didn't even think about that:cool: Good chance to better my score:D

It just gets to complicated with excluding games because it was this and that. Most people who nominate games usually exclude games they don't like or don't fit the MGL way of things

ie fighter type games, most people do not nominate these type as they have the commonsense to realise they don't work well in a score posting competition ;)

I'm all for games being nominated again, wasn't going to say it but can't believe Galaga hasn't been nominated this time:lol

First couple of MGL's everyone on the forum would nearly post Galaga :lol Good to see a good 60 games nominated before a Galaga nomination, hopefully stays that way. <_<

• Like 1

Any chance we can get Battlezone on the list or is the consensus that it's too hard to accommodate ?

http://api.ning.com/files/WMd1gBwdyjP8pbd80vq3oernEOVd0HJTOCCSotKIDt5WfbsJ3sedANX-eZXiCqNjNJPM00uj5q8b08aCWzMR9Hq4-a-ovrSI/bz1.jpg

• Like 1

Any chance we can get Battlezone on the list or is the consensus that it's too hard to accommodate ?

http://api.ning.com/files/WMd1gBwdyjP8pbd80vq3oernEOVd0HJTOCCSotKIDt5WfbsJ3sedANX-eZXiCqNjNJPM00uj5q8b08aCWzMR9Hq4-a-ovrSI/bz1.jpg

Put a poll up and see if everyone wants it in before the weeks out, will add a bit of suspense to the start of the MGL ;)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator
Ive set it up on my keyboard to be acceptible to play, not perfect, but ive achived a pretty good game on it and "felt in control".

I say let it be nominated for MGLX

As long as you share your setup I'm game :D

• Like 1

Config options are :

Left/Up

Left/Down

Right/Up

Right/Down

Assign these to your sticks and make them two-way.

...and one button ( choose whichever feels right for you - I use P2 Button 4 of 6 ).

• Like 1

I suppose for the keyboard you would use A,Z for forward/backward <,> for left and right and space bar for shoot, like the the old days of vector type pc games :lol

Might give it a go now :D

• Like 1

Well my first(actually second had to configure controls) game for Battlezone for eons and managed 11,000

Looks like this.....

I use similar combos in Bombjack on the keyboard. Not the same as playing the original, but still fun.

No pic again....:redface

Yeah thanks for that helpful information :lol

Edited by DKong
Auto Merged Double Post.
  • Like 1

Well my first(actually second had to configure controls) game for Battlezone for eons and managed 11,000

Yeah thanks for that helpful information :lol

:lol Not much help here:lol

Its like this on my setup....

Right Down=Down Arrow

Right up=Up Arrow

Left Down=Left

Left Up=Right

Of course combos of multiple arrow functions will achive your left and right swivel/strafe.

Button 3....whatever the damn you want:lol, i use Numeric Keypad Ins.

• Like 1

:p

:lol Not much help here:lol

Its like this on my setup....

Right Down=Down Arrow

Right up=Up Arrow

Left Down=Left

Left Up=Right

Of course combos of multiple arrow functions will achive your left and right swivel/strafe.

Button 3....whatever the damn you want:lol, i use Numeric Keypad Ins.

Ah ha, growing up trying to play arcade games on apple keyboards back in 1980 I found spreading the hands on the key board was easier ie left hand up/down right hand left right and the using the thumb on the space for the fire button.

Could not imagine using the arrow keys for up/down/left/right for controlling , that would be weird :unsure

Edit: talk some sense to me Wingnut:p

• Like 1

I'm off to vote YES for Battlezone. With a subwoofer recently installed in the cab these low rumbly games like Space War, Asteroids, etc sound so nice now - and what's more you feel the rumble of explosions in your hands and fingertips :D

Plus it's just a really fun game, with two joysticks you almost feel like you are back inside that cockpit gazing in wonder at all that green vector goodness.

For people adding this to x in 1 Arcade systems, when I first got my cab I found you need to config your mame.ini to use an overlay graphic, but mod the overlay to be transparent - that's the only way I could get it showing the green vectors like the original, but losing all that screen-hogging tank interior graphics, giving you a bigger field of play to look at.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...