Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone know anything about Taito Type-X 2 Hardware?

stu

Question

11 answers to this question

I remember back in the PPC Mac days you could take a generic ATI card and flash it with the Mac-specific BIOS to make it work.

I wonder if the same is doable with TypeX gear?

Either way, I commend you on your dedication to collecting. The only way I'll be playing Battle Fantasia or KOF XII is on XBox360/PS3. And even then it'll be a while before I can afford either console. :(

KOF MI is interesting. Seems to play OK-ish - more like a 2D game than a 3D game (like SF4, Battle Fantasia, etc). The moves are a lot easier to pull out than 2D KOF games.

Mai's 3D bewbs are pretty funny to watch, that's for sure.

The series is also on PS2, although it's scaled down heavily for the lower spec hardware.

Well for anyone who cares, i finally managed to source one of the cards i need....sooooo, all going well i'll finally be able to play my king of fighters XII kit....WOOHOO. :)

In the mean time i've aquired KOF Maximum Impact Reg A the 3d KOF game so i cant wait to play that as well, never even seen that game before. And i'll finally be able to fuck with the hardware and change the CPU around, see if it will take my dual core and quad core chips....Type-X 2 on steroids. I know it will take at least 4gb of generic ram for now. (not that it's going to make any difference to anything) I also sourced the next level down video card that it supports so i can start up a chart on my site of what game needs what video card because that info isn't available on the net that i could find...not even in the manual and its a real pain when you have a system that wont run a game.

Whats the moral to the story.....if you going to buy a type-x 2, get the one with the 979gs video card :)

Man, I'm crazy-jealous of you having all that awesome hardware :D:D:D