Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Custom PS3 Stick Help!

Hi guys I'm new to this for so yeah. I was wondering if anyone could help me, i am after building me very first stick and don't know were to start :unsure I'm

not very keen on soldering and my pricing range is about $130 max. The casing I already have taken care of. I have heard of a Cthulhu but don't know were to buy it from cheap and in NSW. Also were can i buy Buttons, A Stick from.

Thanks In Advance Stick-Man;)

Well I just build a wireless PS3 Arcade Controller using one of the "AXISdapters" from this site - http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/boards.shtml My mate had a busted 6-AXIS controller that he gave me and this did the trick perfectly. Just wired up joystick and buttons directly to this board and it just plugs into the board of the PS3 Controller. Couldn't be any more easier...

Well I just build a wireless PS3 Arcade Controller using one of the "AXISdapters" from this site - http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/boards.shtml My mate had a busted 6-AXIS controller that he gave me and this did the trick perfectly. Just wired up joystick and buttons directly to this board and it just plugs into the board of the PS3 Controller. Couldn't be any more easier...

If you're interested in buying a board for arcade games (SF4, Tekken, etc), the "Cthulhu" board is a better fit. It's all digital, and has simple solder points. It was designed up by a fighting game fan (a member of the Shoryuken forums) specifically for making joysticks for arcade style games that don't require analogue controls.

• Super Moderator
Exactly how many new threads do you want to start on the same topic? How about you continue in one of the other threads you've started, and we'll help you there.

Merged

Ok so can i play mame roms like spave invader donkey kong and galaga on it (Cthulhu)

Cthulhu is compatible with Playstation 3 and generic USB. That means it'll work on:

• Playstation 3 native
  • Playstation 3 running Linux
  • Original XBox with a physical converter
  • PC - Windows/Linux/BSD/FreeDOS with USB support
  • Apple Mac OSX
  • Any of these homebrew handheld devices that support USB (Dingoo, GP2X, etc).
  • Any other USB-capable hardware/OS combo (PPC boards running BeOS or Amiga OS4, Pagasos/MorphOS, various ARM-based systems, original Amiga hardware with E3B USB boards, etc, etc, etc).

Your application will need to support USB input as well, of course. MAME supports it, as do many other emulators. And those that don't can generally use joy2key to simulate keyboard input.

What it won't work on:

• XBox 360
  • MS/PC DOS without specific USB drivers
  • Calculator watches

But can someone please tell me how many buttons do i need exactly for my custom stick with the Cthulhu

Not trying to sound pedantic here, but use however many buttons your games of choice require.

PS3 has a max of 11 (8 triggers, 3 functions [start, select and home]). 13 if you count the fact that the two analogue sticks also count as digital buttons that can be pressed downwards (which I've never seen a single game make use of).

When I make arcade sticks, I generally have 6 triggers and the 2-3 function buttons. I simply don't wire in L1/L2 because none of the games I play (arcade style fighting games and shoot 'em ups) require them.

At the end of the day it's your stick, and you should build it the way you want it. No point maxing out all the buttons if you'll never use them all.

Thanks Elvis

Hey thanks man you have been a big help I'll probably go for 11 buttons. Now just have to wait for my Cthulhu damn you Lizard Lick

EDIT: I have received my Cthulhu and Arcade buttons and Stick ill post pix of the finished product later on....Still building box :(

Edited by Stick-Man