Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T9 Game 8: Circus Charlie

Okey Dokey Matey Blokey, we have some Midwek scores :p

Top score midweek Jamasized 192,580 ( Well done mate midweek points to you), you are the AA Clown now :p

2nd kane 108,260, great score as well, I'm sure we will see more from this man, just warming up ;)

3rd MamePatrol 87,960 coming from nowhere look out MGL'ers this guy can play ;)

I have removed the score:redface

Its all cool mate, I fixed your score when it was just on the dot, we are a family here, love and kisses :061:;)

• Like 1

non select version

:D

Must say, good comeback :), considering , must of been all that practice on the wrong roim:p

BTW to all the MGL'ers I have cleared up the mud about Fringert's scores, and there is no animosity.

The man can play.

Just wanted to clear the air once and for all:) so it was clear to everyone reading this.:)

• Like 1

Must say, good comeback :), considering , must of been all that practice on the wrong roim:p

That's not a bad idea actually for this game. Just for interest's sake I had a look at the level select version - can see practicing on the level select version definitely gives you a heads up on the differences in the individual level difficulty changes, without actually going through the game in a linear fashion/losing lives to find out. Hmmm, interesting.

It's usually the swings that bring me undone in an avalanche of lost lives... :realmad:

• Like 1

I just wanna finish that last stage and do them all again. I think thats the key to a really high score. I'm getting 70,000 - 87,000 just doing the first 5 then crashing out on the last........... :x

You're dead right mamepatrol - as the levels really aren't that much harder second time through. The second set monkeys threw me at first, but then really it's only the horse and the dreaded swings to worry about - the fire rings, rolling balls, and drums are all not too bad at all, 2nd time through.

• Like 1

I just wanna finish that last stage and do them all again. I think thats the key to a really high score. I'm getting 70,000 - 87,000 just doing the first 5 then crashing out on the last........... :x

Thats where most of mine went too, on that trapeze level! But the first 4 OK the horse level been applying the brakes to double up. Watch the attract mode before playing,it gave me a few tips on how to play the levels

• Like 1

I'm out, going to be away for the rest of this comp and haven't managed to improve my 192k.

Nice score Fringert, new high too, must have been those days spent playing the same levels over and over :lol

All in good fun :laugh: Good luck all, may the biggest clown win!

• Like 1

Ummmm, by finished it I assume you mean one time through? not completing the whole game to end?

This is one of my old fav's from the day, a good value game, not nearly as hard as it seems at first once you get in the swing, excuse the pun ;)

Being a clown myself I have always wanted to FINISH this game, have got about two screens away a few times. The last swings and trampoline screens are really hard. It was the trampolines and dolphins that bought me unstuck this time. I seem to remember invisible dolphins also?

First game in years, tired after night shift so reflexes a bit slow, but it's coming back. Need to re-learn the trampoline patterns then I might be in with a chance of finishing.

Got 358k so far, but I know I will beat that, should be able to get a good session in on Monday.

Just to confirm, the "no level select" circusc2 rom does let you select levels after the first time through the swings. That is the way mine plays anyway.

I can't believe that some of you people complained about Defender and now you complain about Circus Charlie also? Perhaps some of you need to re-evaluate your "retro gamer" status to "someone who used to play Galaga sometimes". :laugh:

• Like 1

I can't believe that some of you people complained about Defender and now you complain about Circus Charlie also? Perhaps some of you need to re-evaluate your "retro gamer" status to "someone who used to play Galaga sometimes". :laugh:

Don't believe in labels or status myself :lol Live and let game.

• Like 1

It was the trampolines and dolphins that bought me unstuck this time. I seem to remember invisible dolphins also?

AH, I just got upto the Dolphins, killed me off pretty quick, they suck. Need a keen eye to see them coming...

Just to confirm, the "no level select" circusc2 rom does let you select levels after the first time through the swings. That is the way mine plays anyway.

I think you mean circusc3 rom, but yes, it does after the first time through, until you get the NO MORE messages.

• Like 1

This is a classic favourite of mine from mid 80's. I even named my daughter Charli. :D Anyway the swings at the end can certainly do your head in. I got to them heaps of times without loosing a man and then disaster. I wish I had more time to put into this one. I will post this score and see if I have time to do another one. I am hoping for the wooden spoon this tourament. I think I will have to problems! :laugh:

Cheers,

Ian

DSC07015.JPG.b07ee61d7e4febc0d1a66e6d85e9a5a2.JPG

• Like 1

MGL - T9

Game 8 Results

Game 8 is officially over

Thanks to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 8: Circus Charlie

fringert now holds the highscore for this game 362,640

1. fringert 362,640

100 points