Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Grumble - local arcade

Me and the new missus went to the nearest arcade (40km away) last nite for a few games (fuck shes great - has more games than me!)...

Anyway I havent been there in years and I was really dissapointed:

NO fighting games at all!!

4 Pins - one went out of order after I put money in - kept spitting out balls non stop

The turtles pin would give you unlimited balls - just press start and when the ball comes out of the manhole would smash into the glass everytime

All pins were set way too high and dark as - could barely see the dam ball as it sped really really fast.

Half the place was filled with bloody ticket machines, seriously $3 for a go at deal or no deal? WTF

Games they had:

New Afterburner (loved it)

Time Crisis 4 (uncalibrated guns and no recoil)

Point Blank (uncalibrated guns)

SCUD racer two player (one not working)

Daytona twin (with silly cheats enabled:shitty big wheels and turbo boosts)

Tokyo Drift - didnt bother

Alien vs Predator - only game without glitches

Monaco GP (i think) twin massive graphics glitching

Few House of the Deads (wasnt gonna even try, suspect shitty guns)

Bunch of others but really couldnt be stuffed remembering!

Overall I don't think Ill be back there in a while to be honest, I was very dissapointed. Their operators really have their work cut out for them!

Where is the love?

There's an arcade i went to in box hill melb today...i'm so impressed i'm gonna go back and take some pics and give them a plug. Really awesome setup.

I know the place.

Surprised you haven't been there before Stu;

...seemed like a real "1 on 1 fight fans" kind pf arcade.

If you like oldschool 90's arcade games, about 2 years ago I visited the laser gun place

on Whitehorse Rd in Box Hill, and they had *tonnes*.

BUT - the games are in the "you can only only go in here if you're playing laser tag" section!

I asked the bloke, and he let me in to play 'em.. all on freeplay from memory!

(Hope this place is still there!!)

Yeah it was the one in station st. Really friendly staff there as well. I'm talking, brand new sticks in machines and everything there working!! As sad as that sounds, it's rare to find arcade where everything is working.

You old romantic brodie:008: Hope she's not better than you in AA's arcade!:lol

Yeah - or you would be in real trouble!

On a side note it was her idea to go to arcade not mine - she nearly did the female version of a boner when she saw my games room lol! (also explains why ive been quiet in chat lately)

mine took over a year to fix faulty machines and has some that have been sited there since 89 :blink:

im now starting narf_cade part 2 shortly and the local bowling alley can no longer steal my change (once i get it all sorted)