Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

iTunes SDK - a long shot

Righto I have been trying to get hold of the iTunes SDK.

I am looking at building a PHP based web interface for my iTunes and running it through say wapache to give it a "desktop app" sort of feel, though thats not really that important :) Basically going to be a touch screen application for my jukeboax pulling everything from iTunes library.

It will then allow me to use iTunes to manage everything and download songs etc. I can also then build Deezer straight into the interface and last.fm etc too

Anyway it seems that you can no longer download the iTunes SDK documentation and kits. There are links on the apple site, but they just lead to a login loop and you can never get anything.

It may be deprecated and been replaced by the iPhone SDK but they seem like different things.

I was wondering whether anyone would have a copy of the SDK kit hanging around anywhere?

a long shot i know, but reverse engineering other scripts to try to glean what I need has not been easy

Dan

From the Apple site:

Create a free Apple Developer Connection Online Member account to download Xcode Tools, receive the bi-weekly ADC News, or to activate an ADC Product.

Looks like you have to register now? Seems to be free though.

I've found that a lot of web sites now require cookies to work at all, not just for e-commerce or logging in. It's quite poor programming on their part and results in many a broken web site.

I implemented a whole shopping cart system on the AVD web site that doesn't require cookies at all. (I use session IDs) Anyway, it may not be the case with the Apple site, but I thought I'd mention it none the less.