Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

High Scores - The Getaway: High Speed II

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah its only cos of the super bands. They make the game very easy. Just hit the right loop over and over, live catching on the left. The key is always having kickback lit, and to relight, only go for the targets on the left to prevent draining. Of course having a game where everything worked helps too.

Yeah its only cos of the super bands. They make the game very easy. Just hit the right loop over and over, live catching on the left.

Interesting. I generally find live catches harder with super bands because they are bouncier. If the timing isn't exactly right, the ball won't stop and bounces off, going God knows where…

Hitting the right loop over and over is probably not a bad idea. It's 5 million a pop. If that can be done reliably with low risk, that's probably a safer way to rack up a score than going after multi-ball. I'll have to try this. If this actually works out, Getaway will join the long list of machines with scoring flaws that make tournament play about as interesting as watching paint dry… :(

Can you remember how long you played for this score?

Michi.

Nah I thought superbands deadened the ball, titans might be bouncier.. One or the other. The right loop is only to go through the gears (to get to redline mania) and on the game that I played it was a safer shot. It was harder to catch than the left loop. I think it would have taken between 1.5 - 2 hours.

Nah I thought superbands deadened the ball, titans might be bouncier.. One or the other. The right loop is only to go through the gears (to get to redline mania) and on the game that I played it was a safer shot. It was harder to catch than the left loop. I think it would have taken between 1.5 - 2 hours.

Titans do bounce better and have a slight grip on the ball(they will deaden slight spin)

Which makes controlling at the flippers easier.

Nah I thought superbands deadened the ball, titans might be bouncier.

That's not been my experience. I had super bands on my machine and wasn't happy. Very bouncy, and they also had a tendency to "grip" the ball, almost as if they were coated with something sticky. It felt strange.

Then I switched to Titan thin rubbers, and was much happier. They play very much like normal black rubber bands. Not too much bounce, and the ball won't "stick" to them like it did with the super bands.

Michi.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...