Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

High Scores - Tales of the Arabian Nights

• 1 year later...

Was all about Harem multiball and building the value.

But it resets at the start of each ball.

Was only a 2hr game.

I played this for the first time last night, and can see how this is possible.

The game lends itself to long ball times, and during one Harem multiball I knocked up about 50 Harem jackpots with ease just keeping one ball trapped on the left flipper and whacking the other ball around. Too bad the jackpot was only 31,000 lol.

Is it the bumpers that increase the jackpot, and does it have a max value?

Cheers,

G

I enjoyed this machine, although it was a bit hard to tell where a ramp shot would end up, and what exit a left orbit would take. It was a pain on the 3 ball multiball with no ball save, and the 3rd ball from the scoop careering the 2nd and draining one of them.

I played this for the first time last night, and can see how this is possible.

The game lends itself to long ball times, and during one Harem multiball I knocked up about 50 Harem jackpots with ease just keeping one ball trapped on the left flipper and whacking the other ball around. Too bad the jackpot was only 31,000 lol.

Is it the bumpers that increase the jackpot, and does it have a max value?

Cheers,

G

I enjoyed this machine, although it was a bit hard to tell where a ramp shot would end up, and what exit a left orbit would take. It was a pain on the 3 ball multiball with no ball save, and the 3rd ball from the scoop careering the 2nd and draining one of them.

You just need to do that for an hour or so.

No max value, just takes a while to build up.

Bumpers in normal play add 1000 a hit, while bumpers in Harem add 5000 per hit as well as pay the switch hit value.

Next thing you know it's 1M a switch hit, or on the virtual was up to 2.5M a switch hit.

- - - Updated - - -

In 2hrs surely you'd have all the jewels just by random ball movement

There was no random movement in that game. I walked in with one purpose, to prove a theory .... and it was correct.

No max value, just takes a while to build up.

Bumpers in normal play add 1000 a hit, while bumpers in Harem add 5000 per hit as well as pay the switch hit value.

Next thing you know it's 1M a switch hit, or on the virtual was up to 2.5M a switch hit.

Seriously... Are you naturally patient, or is it just a pinball thing?

Admittedly I barely know this machine and was having a bad aim day, but I played 4 games the other day and focused almost solely on Harem and Tiger (EB) loops for only a 40MIL highest.

It might be the machine I was playing (or my lack of knowledge), but a clean shot around Harem gives either one or none bumper hits, and the bumpers can only be accessed during Harem multiball if a ball falls off the ramp.

So are (were) you:

(a) Making subtle deft shots through Harem to get decent bumper action?

(b) Making subtle deft shots up the ramp to get the ball to drop off in to the bumpers?

© During Harem MB making subtle deft shots up the ramp to get the ball to drop off in to the bumpers?

(d) Ad nauseam live catching off the Tiger loop for EB's? (On the machine I played, a clean Tiger loop is a fast return that I'm only catching 30% of the time).

(e) Hitting the scoop only when 'Make a Wish' is lit and getting your EB jewels from there.

(f) Some other bloody thing that I don't know lol.

Cheers,

G

Seriously... Are you naturally patient, or is it just a pinball thing?

Admittedly I barely know this machine and was having a bad aim day, but I played 4 games the other day and focused almost solely on Harem and Tiger (EB) loops for only a 40MIL highest.

It might be the machine I was playing (or my lack of knowledge), but a clean shot around Harem gives either one or none bumper hits, and the bumpers can only be accessed during Harem multiball if a ball falls off the ramp.

So are (were) you:

(a) Making subtle deft shots through Harem to get decent bumper action?

(b) Making subtle deft shots up the ramp to get the ball to drop off in to the bumpers?

© During Harem MB making subtle deft shots up the ramp to get the ball to drop off in to the bumpers?

(d) Ad nauseam live catching off the Tiger loop for EB's? (On the machine I played, a clean Tiger loop is a fast return that I'm only catching 30% of the time).

(e) Hitting the scoop only when 'Make a Wish' is lit and getting your EB jewels from there.

(f) Some other bloody thing that I don't know lol.

Cheers,

G

Mostly A.

Hard shots miss the bumpers most of the time.

• 3 years later...

Had a game on an amazing restored machine by Tim Reid HRP, had no idea what I was doing (my usual style of blaze away with no understanding of the rules) ... so was pretty happy with my score and TOTANs now back on the wish list.

Looking at the high score list I think I need to take some lessons from Eddy :)a063feb907dd45d10cb68d54e9e93d6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Had a game on an amazing restored machine by Tim Reid HRP, had no idea what I was doing (my usual style of blaze away with no understanding of the rules) ... so was pretty happy with my score and TOTANs now back on the wish list.

Looking at the high score list I think I need to take some lessons from Eddy :)a063feb907dd45d10cb68d54e9e93d6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Updated:)

• 4 months later...