Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Got a score? Find the pin here!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's one of the things I was getting at when I was talking about the settings of the game when the score was achieved.

No. balls in play and difficulty are a couple of important ones. It may then be a case of different scores for no. balls and difficulty. A matrix maybe.......

Anyone know if you can create an excel spreadsheet and import it to a thread on AA.

I love excel:cool:

I'm starting to think maybe a single spreadsheet, different tab for each game, or something like that (if I can have it accessible fromt he site). A different thread for each game may start to get out of hand - there's a few games out there:o

How does that sound? And if it can work - how?

The only way I could see the excel sheet working is to attach it to the thread as a zip. xls isn't listed as an acceptable file format to attach.

But even then it would not be viewable from the thread directly.

just an idea pete, maybe somethin else in this section

What if you did something like they do on rgp and kinda like the mgl (except not everyone will be able to play everytime)

Look at the pinball owners list that felix maintains and choose the most popular pins that members own and see who can get the best score in a week or some shit. (that way your fluke top scores don't count :P )

• Administrators
To keep it even and tidy they all should be set on factory default.

A top 20 (min) players ladder, not top 20 scores because one player may hold all spots.

Just my 2c

yeah agree

Don't forget to attach screen shots of your high score.

To keep it even and tidy they all should be set on factory default.

A top 20 (min) players ladder, not top 20 scores because one player may hold all spots.

Just my 2c

Thats a great idea, makes it easy to set your pin up for the high score shot.

You know everyone will or should then have it set right.

Maybe get a sticky going with the high scores rules.

• Super Moderator
May as well nominate some of my other machines and I'll get cracking on some scores for them.

Gorgar

Kiss

While your feeling lucky

Some Rules to Start With

Ok, following the replies to the idea so far, I think the general consensus seems to be on the following rules. I'm open to suggestions/alterations here. I don't want to make things too restrictive or unfair, s let me know if this can be improved.

1. Factory default settings applied during game - can anyone who posts a score please confirm that the default settings were in place when they got the score. I know this may rule out a few that people have sent in, but it will make it a level playing field for all involved. A bit of competition between members would be great, so if you think you're up to the challenge, go for it. I'd like to add the major default settings up the top of each score list or each game (no. balls, etc), so any help with these details for each game would be appreciated.

2. Scores list will include the top score from each player - to avoid having one person dominate all scores for a game. I am happy to list other notable scores for each player alongside the top score for that player. Sound ok?

3. Pics of high scores - it would be great if you could take a snap to include in your post. Understand it's not always possible, but we're all interested to know what's happening, and the more photos of games the better! Also, if there are 2 scores, really close, it helps being a little more exact.

4. Any other suggestions?

If everyone thinks this is cool I'll go through and tidy up the scores that have been included so far. Sorry to everyone that this may throw off the list......

I'd like to set up some sort of comps, but don't know where to start on this, so any suggestions would be great:)

We'll get there:cool:

Sounds spot on Pete.

As for comps, maybe relax the rules a tad on the strict factory settings but still keep the 3 ball rule. Hold the comp over say, 1 month for people to post there best score.

This gives everyone a chance, those who do not own the pin can possibly head to a fellow members house, or a sited pin somewhere to get a score up and post a pic. Relaxing the factory settings rule for comps means the sited pins are allowed in the comps.

OK I've been through and updated the high score threads, deleting all of the ones that were not 3 starting ball games. I think of the games on the list that they were all 3 ball starters as the factory default. If not let me know.

Sorry to anyone booted off the lists. This is not about playing for sheep stations, just for some good competition, and this puts us on a level (or 6.5 degree) playing field. Just trying to get some sort of standard going.

A couple more games to be added tonight - Kiss, Gorgar and WCS.