Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Need some honest opinions please

Jomac

• Administrators

The disposal act would apply if the person was in Australia, but seeing as they are not, then they do not apply to them. Im sure that there is similar laws in the US as well. Basically this guy is out of luck and needs to move on.

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/ConsumerProtection/Content/Shopping/For_traders/Goods_covered_by_the_Disposal_.html

Seriously.....it's just unreasonable to expect that from a business. Do you have the email you sent the guy from two years ago?

I would just say...seriously, it's unreasonable for you to expect me to still have your chassis stored here... I know it's hard to do because you're such a "make everyone happy" person joey......at the end of the day you just can't make everyone happy. This is one of those instances.

I wouldn't tell the guy to f' off, but just politely say, im sorry i don't have it anymore and it's unreasonable to expect me to. Don't get into a pissing match or long dialogue....just basically state that and if he tries to go on and on, just repeat what you have said....that's it really.

You guys are truly amazing !!! Thank you everyone for the great responses and support , I read and noted every response, I'm actually quite stunned :)

To answer a couple of questions , No I never received any money from this guy and

I do have all the emails from the time he first contacted me before he even sent the chassis.

So many of you know what I'm really like and keeping everyone happy is really important to me , I suppose this is the only reason I was concerned with this to begin with , most people cant understand why I didn't just tell him to F... off!

DevoDave , hit the nail on the head saying that I would cop a loss rather than leave someone unhappy.

I don't think money can repair a bad reputation but a good reputation will always recover a small loss.

I'll let everyone know how this ends up.

You guys are truly amazing !!! Thank you everyone for the great responses and support , I read and noted every response, I'm actually quite stunned :)

To answer a couple of questions , No I never received any money from this guy and

I do have all the emails from the time he first contacted me before he even sent the chassis.

So many of you know what I'm really like and keeping everyone happy is really important to me , I suppose this is the only reason I was concerned with this to begin with , most people cant understand why I didn't just tell him to F... off!

DevoDave , hit the nail on the head saying that I would cop a loss rather than leave someone unhappy.

I don't think money can repair a bad reputation but a good reputation will always recover a small loss.

I'll let everyone know how this ends up.

Dude

you are the least dodgy person I ever met

Joey sent me a chassis the next day I asked for one - WITHOUT ME PAYING FOR IT, trusting that I had actually transferred him the money, doesn't know me personally at all

Also spent a fair bit of time on the phone to me in the evening, on the weekend, helping me install and tune my second chassis

everybody knows you are a genuinely nice guy and 2 years of not hearing from somebody you tried to do the right thing by should not weigh on your conscience

Dude

you are the least dodgy person I ever met

Joey sent me a chassis the next day I asked for one - WITHOUT ME PAYING FOR IT, trusting that I had actually transferred him the money, doesn't know me personally at all

I second that too, Joey did the same for me, my Nanao was fixed and back on the road long before my netbank transfer could have gone through, top man!!

I wouldn't worry about it Joey, you can't keep everyone happy all the time, especially when faced with someone with such unrealistic expectations, I would have said that radio-silence for 1 year was seriously pushing it, but two years is taking the mick. As someone else has stated, who the hell finds emails from 2 years ago anyway, even if he had missed the email surely he would have wondered where his chassis was and emailed directly again. Quite what his circumstances were in the last 2 years that meant he couldn't or didn't chase it up I don't know but that really isnt your problem either. Anyway - his email says that he hopes you still have it, meaning that he accepts on some level at least that its less than certain that you do after so long.

Havent you moved premises recently, in the last few years? If you want an excuse you could say it was lost during the move.

Or you could do nothing, wait two years and then send an "OMG I only just saw your email...." reply. :lol

Good luck Joey

In a decade of being on ebay, some of which being a power seller,

I've discovered that, on average, 'yanks' are a pain to deal with and can be extremely unreasonable.

Please don't totally 'give in' to this guy, if you give even a slight hint that you'll not stand your ground, he'll take you for a ride

Just be nice and say that two years is too long, you can't find the chassis and ask him what he wants you to help rather than hint at how far you're prepared to go to make him happy.

that way the ball's in your court and you know how unreasonable (or not) he's gonna be!

I put myself in his shoes

I sent a chassis then forgot about it for 700 days

I realise OOOOPS and go into damage control. I try ANYTHING to get it back, but realise alas, I probably won't get anything back, as I Fucked up BIG TIME

It's a difficult situation jomac in that the customer "did" send you a board and you acknowledge that you did indeed receive it and repair it .... BUT .... seriously . After 2 years this guy still expects you to have it sitting somewhere convenient waiting for him to reply .

I would contact the authorities ( Fair Trading Comm. etc.) to find out where you stand legally.

If all else fails tell him you can't find it at the moment but you will search for it .... Two years later tell him "sorry couldn't find it " . :lol

wowsers :o

defiantly out of its 30 day warranty there too

come to think of it back in 1986 i gave my friend my G1 megatron i found under a tree.

i might find him on facebook and see if he still has it:lol

wowsers :o

defiantly out of its 30 day warranty there too

come to think of it back in 1986 i gave my friend my G1 megatron i found under a tree.

i might find him on facebook and see if he still has it:lol

Hey narf, see if he's got a 2600 woody as well....may as well milk it:lol:lol

Your the Man, totally gave our dying Arcade industry the kick in the guts ( or help ) that we needed down under. Monitors are the main part of any Arcade Cabinet and without them we would be still trying to configure Bob Roberts Cap Kits to unkown chassis and getting who knows:o

One of main saving graces of the Australian Arcade industry, If I ever catch him in a Pub I'm buying ;)

Think of the original arcade monitors that have been saved and not substituted for PC Monitors because of this Guy.

We Salute you!!!!!!:p

Or you could do nothing, wait two years and then send an "OMG I only just saw your email...." reply. :lol

Damn that's funny :lol

And yes it had to happen! , I got a phone call from Gibo today asking if I still had the boards his mate Paul to dropped off a couple of days ago ! Said he had heard some rumors that I was losing stuff so he wanted to check if I still had them :lol What a classic thanks Gibo that cracked me up !

Oh BTW what boards ???

• Super Moderator
If you need a hand cleaning up that workshop of yours we could find room for that Williams Hot Shots basketball game, Im sure we will still have it in 2yrs:023:

Are you guys stock holding ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL as well, the bunnings staff are saying, in between discussing Xmas diners, that the they can't get the stuff from Diggers, Maddington WA , apparently a heap of Arcade nerds are holding the goods in WA for their own exploits.:o

If you need a hand cleaning up that workshop of yours we could find room for that Williams Hot Shots basketball game, Im sure we will still have it in 2yrs

this reminds of my dad and his mate

they last saw each other when i lived in sydney back in 1983. My dad gave his mate a old kickstart lawnmower to keep since he was moving

last year he asked jokingly over the phone "mate do you still have the mower i gave you?" the response "yeah its in the same box and exact same spot i put it in when you left the driveway". he went and got it late last year :o

Are you guys stock holding ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL as well, the bunnings staff are saying, in between discussing Xmas diners, that the they can't get the stuff from Diggers, Maddington WA , apparently a heap of Arcade nerds are holding the goods in WA for their own exploits

my bunnings still has it

also a local chemical shop stocks it dirt cheap but in 20L drums as a mininum :blink: