Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Chassis swap on Astro City

waks

Question

Ive stumbled across a topic on killercabs forum about chassis swaps and Im trying to figure out the masin purpose of it.

I know mainly from it just being faulty, but would it be possible to swap the chassis off a New Astro City 15-24k nanao monitor to a 15-31k auto sync chassis? That wouldnt make it a vga monitor right??

This is why I thought of this:

http://www.killercabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Thanks

8 answers to this question

Just bumping this thread.

From the threads on killercabs it seems that it's possible to get 31Hz with a Wei-Ya chassis. Two questions. What exactky does the chassis do (i guess i could google this:))? And could anyone comment how difficult it is to do a swap?

Cheers,

Ive stumbled across a topic on killercabs forum about chassis swaps and Im trying to figure out the masin purpose of it.

I know mainly from it just being faulty, but would it be possible to swap the chassis off a New Astro City 15-24k nanao monitor to a 15-31k auto sync chassis? That wouldnt make it a vga monitor right??

This is why I thought of this:

http://www.killercabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4237&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

Thanks

Yes it is basically plug and play with these Wei-ya chassis , You can use them to replace any of the MS9 series Nanao chassis .

They are available from zax in melb but keep in mind guys these chassis are in no way even close to the quality of Nanao .

The failure rate is quite high when running in VGA mode but can be repaired fairly easily .

Jomac,

When you say quality, do you mean the output (screen) quality or just reliability?

They are basically an entry level monitor , this is why you will never see any Jap manufacturers like Sega , taito , etc use them , they simply dont meet the minimum picture quality or construction criteria , Like Nanao , Hitachi , Toshiba , Hantarex etc .

Like comparing a cheap Akai TV to a Sony studio monitor , its a lucky dip whether you find a good one or not .