Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rotating Monitor Option

I have just converted my A1200 lowboy to PC/emulators and have installed a 19 inch LCD rotating monitor. I used a damper motor to rotate the screen 90', I don't know of anyone else using these motors but they work really well.

A few things to note are that they can be slow, but quicker ones are available, the one I am using has a spring return so it takes about 40 seconds to turn to Vertical but only 10 seconds to go back to Horizontal. The ones I have are all 24vAC. Very easy to setup, I have a 19mm pole mounted perpendicular on the back of the monitor which attaches straight to the motor.

Google Damper motor LF 24-SR and you can see what they look like.

• 5 years later...

Good to see others getting into monitor rotation...

I searched the net around 5 years ago and found very few people (2) that went to the efforts of devising a rotating system, although both were hand-rotated at the time with the intention of fitting motors....

I contacted MAME support several times and asked them to extract the H/V flag from each game and send the H/V signal out the parallel/serial/usb port to use as a control to control the rotation motor.....sadly my requests were all ignored.

Ho hum....

• 2 months later...
Good to see others getting into monitor rotation...

I searched the net around 5 years ago and found very few people (2) that went to the efforts of devising a rotating system, although both were hand-rotated at the time with the intention of fitting motors....

I contacted MAME support several times and asked them to extract the H/V flag from each game and send the H/V signal out the parallel/serial/usb port to use as a control to control the rotation motor.....sadly my requests were all ignored.

Ho hum....

There is a plugin for Mala for rotating monitors (",)

I just have a toggle switch and limit switches for mine.

• 3 months later...

I used a CRT PC monitor. It has a built in de-guass and works really well. As well as limit switches to stop my monitors rotation, it has switches to turn the monitor off while rotating. When it switches back on after the rotation is complete, the de-guass kicks in.

For the OP, it isn't a concern because he is using an LCD monitor.