Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What Song Are You Listening To Right Now

DKong

The Chats

I love a proper pub feed as much as any Aussie, but it's no wonder the restaurants are taking over Our Pubs', when whipper snappers reckon Aussie chips come with sauce.

Aussie chips come slaughtered with gravy, and if sheilas are present then perhaps some of the gravy can be served on the side with a serviette.

I see yr 2 chats with 2 psychos:

I prefer Judith and the lads, however the following is the first song I can recall that 'grabbed' me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHMwvVHKz7U

In an dichotic irony, after having busked at Braybrook (MEL) for hundreds and hundreds of hours, it's not the multitude of drug addled people of thereabouts who concern me, it's the concern that somewhere, someday, someone is going to create a weapon based on the behaviour of Braybrook Sparrows'.

Cheers,

G

[Dream Theater covering Floyd]

This clip is brought to you by the Gary Stern retirement foundation.

As per solito, I have a weird arsed corollary comment/observation:

The vast majority of 'music' aired by the mainstream uses constant 4/4 time. A significant amount of the remainder uses constant 3/4 time.

Dream Theater are not bound by mainstream constraints... Always doing things in their own time.

Floyd's 'Money' is unusual in that it's a mainstream staple which uses (constant) 7/8 time.

Dream Theater covering a mainstream standard that uses 7/8 time, on it's own, piques my interest, and even moreso given the lyrical conversion conveyed in 'Money'.

Whilst I don't believe for an instant that Gary Stern's thing about pinball has anything to do with making cash, I do believe the majority of those at the helm of the Stern business model see cash as a way to stay in business.

I'm chuffed when artists like Dream Theater hit the mainstream on their own terms (without cash as a motive).

It would be awesome to see Stern converting cash in to innovation.

"It seems business has become a hazard... Businesses were started so people could get better items collectively than they coud get for themselves and as a method to express individual talent, and become part of [the] money system. But now the goal of business is to stay in business. It seems so strange... because ... the product as a real thing, and people [are] real things, but business isn't real. A business is only an idea, only an agreement, yet the goal of business is to stay in business regardless. Such beliefs are difficult to understand."

- Not by G

Cheers,

G

Another song that grabbed me in my childhood years.

This song has circular intonation for me.

In the early nineties I hitched to Brissy from Sydney for a mates' Wedding, and on my hitch back it piss poured so hard that I got stuck on an highway in an 'unhichable' pissition.

A fella running by the name of 'Lobo', who was driving down from the Tablelands of NQL took care and stopped to pick me up.

We had to stop en route and visit Lobos Friends', who just happened to live in the same Country Town street as My Friends', who I'd dropped in to visit on my hitch up.

Lobo smoked 'Log Cabin', and was intent on giving it up... He was 40. I smoked 'Champion Ruby', had no understanding of what turning 40 meant to a Man, however thought it was funny that both our tobacco brands used the same colours in their packaging.

I found it more funny when Lobo told me his destination... One suburb from mine!

I'd been having trouble at the time in dealing with this new thing of 'motivational posters', particularly the 'serendipity' one that used the dolphins.

We made it to Sydney, and the day after, I made my way 'round to Lobo's Friends' house to buy the ounce of pot he'd promised.

I never ended up weighing the ounce... It was full of leaf and tip.

Nonetheless, I paid him the agreed price, never saw him again, am now 50, still addicted to nicotine, yet feel a greater understanding of 'serendipity' than when I did before my mates' Wedding (they got divorced less than two years later).

I ain't no Jack Kerouac, however I'd like it if you lot posted some kind of narrative when you include a song in this thread. It's not that hard.

I once had a head of hair with the potential to...

Cheers,

G

I believe the song speaks for itself.

It spoke to me when I was a young young child, and even though close on to two decades later, after I came across the Audrey 'version', which I felt (and still feel) has a strength the Andy Williams' 'version' does not have, the song still grabs me (now four decades later).

To compose a simple song with the depth of Moon River... How I wish!

I did compose a song last decade, entitled 'Honalee's not Here', which I see as a call/response to 'Moon River'...

Irrespective, here's the Andy Williams version of the Mancini/Mercer classic that IMO, lends itself to any musical style regardless of a lead 'artist'.

Cheers,

G

<snip/> Gloryhammer </snip>

New gloryhammer dropped last night

Swear it set off some heart alarms nurses here in hospital came in to check lol

You might want to ask those nurses if they can check the pulse of Quorthon!

There's no doubt He's still here... Teamed up with Matt Bellamy and Gloryhammer, to expose the Elon Musk fraudulent hoax!

Cheers,

G