Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Duck Lounge - new arcade in Ballarat?

Is that arcade upstairs at the western end of the Bridge Street mall building in operation yet?

If so... how is it going?

Delivered a few machines machines there and I would be interested in knowing how it's going.

They have a lot of pool tables, and about 30 machines. A bar as well!

(Bugger of a site to get machines into.. they only have a wheelchair-type disabled lift which is too small for a lot of machines.)

Some friends and I were in there playing pool a bit over a month ago, they were open but still working on stuff (painting the handrails on the stairs).

If I remember correctly they had Big Buck shooting game, a cocktail with galaga (maybe others), some sort of racing one (bikes I think) and a bunch of claw machines and a bartop thing (poker or something I think), probably something else I don't remember. Honestly I didn't really pay much attention to the machines at the time. I did put a dollar in the the Dark Knight pinball though, I remember thinking it needs more games and less prize stuff.

Heaps of pool tables (both pay by the hour and per game) probably as many as chalk it up. Also saw darts, and at least 1 projector that was showing the racing. I noticed the other day more signs around mentioning arcade machines. Maybe they've added more since I was in there, I should go give the pinball another try anyway.

You're right there are more, if you go in the main entrance you'd never even know it was there unless you walked right up the back (we didn't last time because the place is so big). It appears to be to keep it separate from the bar and more kiddy friendly, one of the signs says the place is supervised (that was the only other person we saw in there, although Ballarat tends to be pretty dead sunday arvos). A friend and I wandered up to have a quick look and played a couple of games of air hockey. Not too keen on air hockey that limits your time like that but I'll be back to check out some of the other games.

Couple of other pinball machines (Star Trek: Next Gen and something about a racing car) some more shooting games, candy cabs including Tekken 5 and another fighter, also a sign in one of the doorways that says there are more coming.

Well there goes any $1 coins I have from now on.