Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Electromechanical Section(s)

Electromechanical Section(s)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Electromechanical Section(s)

• Dedicated EM section on its own for all things EM
    • Subsections in existing Arcade and Pinball Forums.

• Administrators

Theres been some interest in these machines and I'd like to make a section up for it so my question is

Should there be a dedicated EM section OR

Put an EM arcade and EM pinball restoration and discussion section under the existing arcade and pinball sections.

Stuba tells me he has a lot of EM projects hes going to document over the coming months so I don't want the info lost amongst the crap.

My vote would be for option 2

"Put an EM arcade and EM pinball restoration and discussion section under arcade and pinball."

This should keep it tidy and give enough emphasis to what should be a great section!!! Cant wait for the resto threads (both reading and adding to them when i get a chance) :cool:

We dont have any sections particular to the 3 stages of pinball (EM, SS, DMD).

However EM is worlds apart from SS and DMD. I say make a forum for EM arcade and another for EM pinball. I cant see alot of use for the EM arcade section, but I would like to! Its a pretty neglected area here for sure.

But are you going to double up on everything?

Pinball repairs EM

Pinball repairs SS

Pinball restoration projects EM

Pinball restoration projects SS

Yes, double on the repairs, and maybe restoration projects

I would also say yes for arcade if it is needed (not that I look at the arcade forums)

dedicated subsection in relative parent forum

• Administrators
But are you going to double up on everything?

Pinball repairs EM

Pinball repairs SS

Pinball restoration projects EM

Pinball restoration projects SS

Yes, double on the repairs, and maybe restoration projects

I would also say yes for arcade if it is needed (not that I look at the arcade forums)

dedicated subsection in relative parent forum

I disagree mate. If you seen some of the old EM shooters, driving, bowlers Stu's restoring I'd say its every bit as good as pinball if not more interesting.

Edited by Arcade King

• Super Moderator

Thanks AK. I like the idea of a separate section, they do seem to have a separate fan base but many people also seem to appreciate the important part these machines played in arcade history and gaming development. I think it adds a lot to AA which is after all more about arcades and their contents rather than any specific genre be it video arcades, jukes, pinball or consoles (for you dale) ;)

Its great to see this site developing into such a broad based gaming resource with something for everyone. a good balance between history and technical resources :)

Thanks AK. I like the idea of a separate section, they do seem to have a separate fan base but many people also seem to appreciate the important part these machines played in arcade history and gaming development. I think it adds a lot to AA which is after all more about arcades and their contents rather than any specific genre be it video arcades, jukes, pinball or consoles (for you dale) ;)

Its great to see this site developing into such a broad based gaming resource with something for everyone. a good balance between history and technical resources :)

Here Here Stuba, well said.

For an old fart like myself, its great to see these old classic arcade games bought back from the dead and restored into working masterpieces.

Lets all take more of an interest in where it all started. What a great history.

no more sectionssssssssss.... how far do we go with seperating stuff? :unsure the forum is getting way to big.

Then trim the fat!!

There are dedicated MAME forums, we can ditch those from AA

Same for consoles and computers

This site is called 'Aussie ARCADE', not 'Aussie "crap that killed the arcade"'

A few others could also be culled, but you get my meaning

;)

• Administrators
no more sectionssssssssss.... how far do we go with seperating stuff? :unsure the forum is getting way to big.

Then trim the fat!!

There are dedicated MAME forums, we can ditch those from AA

Same for consoles and computers

This site is called 'Aussie ARCADE', not 'Aussie "crap that killed the arcade"'

A few others could also be culled, but you get my meaning

;)

and while were at it why don't we start culling members? :tumbleweeds

AA has expanded over the years to meet the demands of its members :rolleyes

A lot of computer and console threads were popping up in the general section hence the need for their own section. A forum can never be too big, AA is just a baby compared to some forums.

Like it or not MAME is a big part of the preservation of Arcade so its got its own section. They are all at the bottom of the forum out of the way.

EM is a big part of Arcade history and is unique enough to warrant it being separate and while I'd probably never own an EM I find them fascinating.

Yes your right about one thing pete there are some section that probably dont need to be there. Theres been a few times people have requested sections put up which rarely if ever get used :realmad: :b

Yes your right about one thing pete there are some section that probably dont need to be there. Theres been a few times people have requested sections put up which rarely if ever get used :realmad: :b

thats my main point. I just hate sections going up and then never being utilised. thus creating a scrolling pain in the ass.

EM's are great, yes I have called them boat anchors in the past but thats just tounge and cheek.