Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGL - T8 Game 10: Berzerk

Game 10: Berzerk

From top 100

http://www.klov.com/images/11/1181242060237.png

No current high score for this game

In each and every maze, the humanoid must destroy all robots using his laser gun without touching the deadly walls, colliding with a robot, or getting hit by any of the lasers fired by the robots.

After the humanoid has destroyed all the robots, he must escape through one of open doorways before Evil Otto appears. If Evil Otto appears when there are still robots, he will bounce very slowly. But after all the robots are destroyed, Evil Otto will be bouncing even faster. The humanoid must escaped before Evil Otto gets him or he is done for because Evil Otto cannot be killed.

Although the robots are supposed to be destroyed by the humanoid with his laser gun, the robots are not very smart and can also be destroyed whenever they run into each other, touch the deadly walls, get hit by their own lasers or get run over by Evil Otto. But no matter how they are destroyed, the player gets the credit and scores points.

A bonus score is given if all the robots in the maze are destroyed. But if there any robots are left in the maze when the humanoid escapes through one of the open doorways, no bonus will be given.

The game has a voice synthesizer that speaks for all the actions in the game. For example, it says "Chicken! Fight like a robot!" if the humanoid exits the maze before all robots are destroyed, "Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!" whenever Evil Otto appears, and "The humanoid must not escape" when the humanoid exits the maze after all robots are destroyed.

The game has 64,000 different mazes, each with a level of difficulty that constantly increases.

(http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7096)

Games are picked through a random generator from the list compiled in the MGL 8 thread. To have your games included in the pick you need to submit a score. You can add to this list at any time.

Remember to make your score valid you need to post your score in the subject line and don't forget your screen shot, any troubles let me know.

Mid week bonus of 25 MGL points are awarded to the highest submitted score as at Midnight Thursday. The highest submitted score at the end of the MGL week will receive 100 MGL points.

Your scores need to be in by next Monday 11th OF May BY 8PM (NSW daylight savings time).

Amz

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

I had a few goes at Game On, best I did as about 7K, not doing that well now

I don't speak Bezerk very well, maybe that my problem

• Like 1

Wow, what a great game. A classic example of why graphics mean nothing and gameplay is everything! The awesome sound must have blown people away in 1980.

Cannot break 10k though, the white 'bots bullets are too fast.

• Like 1

Sadly berzerk1.zip is no easier than berzerk.zip and also has no sound :cry

But anyway here is my best *cough* LOSER! *cough*

OK guys any tricks to getting close to 10K? I notice when I play worse up until my last man I seem to get more "red robot" levels before the blue guys appear. Other than I got nuthin for tips and/or tricks.

Damn addictive though. If I played it back in the day it would have eaten up 20s :)

Cheers

LT.

Edit: I really must stop sponging hints and tips off DKong :redface

berz0000.png.8ef549d2ec9ad309dea6a633c50968b4.png

Edited by MonoJoker
Higher score.
  • Like 1

Sadly berzerk1.zip is no easier than berzerk.zip and also has no sound :cry

But anyway here is my best *cough* LOSER! *cough*

OK guys any tricks to getting close to 10K? I notice when I play worse up until my last man I seem to get more "red robot" levels before the blue guys appear. Other than I got nuthin for tips and/or tricks.

Damn addictive though. If I played it back in the day it would have eaten up 20s :)

Cheers

LT.

The only tips I can offer is my own, I always try to make the right hand side exit ( this will give you a left hand side start, so much easier than from the top or bottom) I always fire straight ahead first shot and usually hit a Robot or if its a wall I will run to it. The wall willl stop diagonal shots from the robots and they suck.

Once you hit 5000 points Eddie (Is that the balls name) will speed up but will only go really fast if you have cleared all robots, after 5000 points keep a robot or two going and head for the right wall, Eddie will kill the robots on the way past and you get the same points and bonus's.

I don't like the diagonal shot and will line my robots up from the wall and knock em off

The only tips I can offer is my own, I always try to make the right hand side exit ( this will give you a left hand side start, so much easier than from the top or bottom) I always fire straight ahead first shot and usually hit a Robot or if its a wall I will run to it. The wall willl stop diagonal shots from the robots and they suck.

Once you hit 5000 points Eddie (Is that the balls name) will speed up but will only go really fast if you have cleared all robots, after 5000 points keep a robot or two going and head for the right wall, Eddie will kill the robots on the way past and you get the same points and bonus's.

I don't like the diagonal shot and will line my robots up from the wall and knock em off

You may need the sound roms for berzerk(put them in your MAME folder sound file)

Now to crack the elusive 10,000

Edited by DKong
Auto Merged Double Post.
  • Like 1

MGL - T8

Game 10 Results

Game 10 is officially over

Congratulations to those who participated and submitted scores

Results for Game 10: Berzerk

Kane now holds high score of 9,760

1. Kane 9,760

100 points