Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Dual Sync to Comp Sync Circuit

Jomac

Hope this helps out a few , I have been using this single IC to combine and invert Sync signals for a long time .

Especially useful when converting Pinball 2000 to later monitors that only have a single Sync input , The computer outputs separate H and V Sync so it needs to be combined to operate correctly.

Also useful for guys wanting to run Soft 15K from PC Video card to a standard Arcade monitor with a single H Comp Sync input.

856263981_SyncCircuit7400.jpg.935181bcdf7ec9daaeef7427e3ef2ca2.jpg

Nice one Joey. I'd also add that it is a good idea to connect pins 9, 10, 12, 13 and to either VCC or GND as well, to prevent the unused gates from oscillating and potentially causing interference.

Cheers

Jacob

• 4 weeks later...
I just tried this on Q*bert with a 74LS00 and had no luck. closet I could get was just using the H-Sync but the picture wouldnt "lock" in place. I'm assuming you can only use a 7400??

I have only ever used the 7400 , from memory I never had any luck with the LS chips .

I'm having no luck with getting Qbert converted to csunc Joey :( Tried a 7400 and does exactly the same thing as the LS00. Can get a picture if I use hsync across the 2 inputs. you get a good picture but it just doesnt lock in right.

I recall having the same problem with the bootlegs.

Trav , Q-Bert outputs + H and +V , so all you need is pin 1 , 2 input and 3 output.

+5 and Gnd of course.