Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

data east star wars help!

hi just bought a star wars .it was going and stopped,ive checked voltages which are pretty well spot on,4.9v at test points on mpu,i then removed the mpu from machine and connected a pc power supply which apparently is all i need to do for it to boot.i still get the 5v and pia leds lit but dosent light the blanking led and the pia remains lit.i read that this means 5c is bad.any info or hints would be greatly appreciated.thanks

I WAS READING ABOUT IT ON MARVINS PINBALL REPAIR,THEY SAID IT SHOULD BOOT WITH THE 5V HOOKED UP AND NOTHING ELSE .DO YOU KNOW IF THIS WOULD BE RIGHT?ALL THE VOLTAGES SEEM AROUND RIGHT GOING BY THE BOOK.I MIGHT VISIT ACOUSTICAL AND SEE IF IT BOOTS ON THERES IF ITS WORKING.DO YOU SELL DISPLAYS .:)RUSS

PROBLEM SOLVED HOPEFULLY.PUT BOARD IN ANOTHER STAR WARS.STILL THE SAME .SWAPPED A COUPLE OF CHIPS AND AWAY IT WENT .IT TURNED OUT TO BE THE 6821 AND CORROSION OF THE CRADLE.IVE REMOVED IT AND WILL SOLDER A NEW ONE IN TOMMORROW IF THE SOLDER WILL STICK.

Hi Russ,

I called it character building, fixing these project pinballs. It makes a better person out of you. Great learning experience for a great hobby.

Keep up the good work, did the display shit itself, they are pretty dear at the moment due to the dollar, but I might have a good secondhand one here if needed.