State
    Brunswick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Adding of games to a cocktail machine

Gday there,
    I have a Cocktail style machine that features about 150 games. I know very little about the workings, however I would like to add a bunch more but am having no joy tracking down anyone who can help. Not sure of too much with the internals of the beast, other than i think its some sort of MAME (?) setup. It has computer type stuff on inside and when you turn it on flicks through one screen of computer jargon, then an image of a 3d winking pac-man, then loads up a scrolling menu feature with the header "Arcade Magic (Cocktail)" where you can select game from list to play. I would love to know if there is a way to add/subtract games from the list, add additional games (via cd-rom, software upgrade,other??) and where i can find/buy games and see whats out there.
    Any help at all would be awesome!!!!
    Thanks,
    Chris

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the first thing you need to find is what Frontend software it is running, this can be done by maybe posting a pic of your first menu screen or by connecting a keyboard and pushing Ctrl Alt Del and open task manager and see whats running and post a pic of that. Different frontends have diffeent ways to add or delete games etc.

State
    traralgon vic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    is it a computer or a pcb

State
    Melbourne, VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like one of my machines. PM me and I'll help you out.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    Austria
    Quote Originally Posted by dungbeetle46 View Post
    the first thing you need to find is what Frontend software it is running, this can be done by maybe posting a pic of your first menu screen or by connecting a keyboard and pushing Ctrl Alt Del and open task manager and see whats running and post a pic of that. Different frontends have diffeent ways to add or delete games etc.
    why? if its mame on a pc he should be able hook up a keyboard. just hit the 'windows' button and find the mame folder. then just add/subtract roms from the roms folder...
    Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

State
    Melbourne, VIC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_galaga View Post
    why? if its mame on a pc he should be able hook up a keyboard. just hit the 'windows' button and find the mame folder. then just add/subtract roms from the roms folder...
    It doesn't run windows.

I can help this guy out as it sounds like one of the machines that I've built. But it looks like he/she was a one post wonder.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quoted
    435 Post(s)
    Austria
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroGame View Post
    It doesn't run windows.

I can help this guy out as it sounds like one of the machines that I've built. But it looks like he/she was a one post wonder.
    ah yes, that would be a bit of a bother then
    Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Australia
    Hello, I just picked up an Arcade Machine with similar issues to this thread that was posted back in 2009.....it is a small tabletop machine with a Pentium 2 inside & what looks like a 256m compact flash card. It boots up and says Arcade Magic on the top of the screen with (Cocktail) in brackets. When you pick a game and launch it doesn't seem to do anything except come up with Abort, Retry Fail option, which leads me to believe that the CF card maybe broken, but it is booting into it, so weird.

Wondering if you could help at all??

State
    Truganina, Victoria
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2755 Post(s)
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by theshagking View Post
    Hello, I just picked up an Arcade Machine with similar issues to this thread that was posted back in 2009.....it is a small tabletop machine with a Pentium 2 inside & what looks like a 256m compact flash card. It boots up and says Arcade Magic on the top of the screen with (Cocktail) in brackets. When you pick a game and launch it doesn't seem to do anything except come up with Abort, Retry Fail option, which leads me to believe that the CF card maybe broken, but it is booting into it, so weird.

Wondering if you could help at all??
    take it to a computer guy its likely just had a battery failure on the motherboard and forgotten it doesnt need a keyboard or what its hdd settings are.

short term plug a keyboard in might help.

remember it thinks its a computer not an arcade machine trouble shoot it as a pc

State
    South Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Australia
    Appreciate the feedback, however the main battery is working fine, no HDD it is a Compact Flash card that plugs into a IDE port on the motherboard. Boots up fine but when game selection is on, just comes up Abort, Retry or Fail.....that is all. When you exit to DOS you can look at the contents of the flash but when you go to look in the ARCMAGIC folder them MAME it does the same thing.....very weird. I pulled out the Compact Flash card to put into a reader on my main PC but can't get it to even recognise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information