Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone played Family Guy??

FLEX

Been watching the review on youtube and reading about it on ipmd, man does this look sweet!! Just wondering if anyone has had a good belt at this one and if so can they give us a run down of what they thought. Not going to see one of these in Darwin thats for sure... :( Also I am a big fan of the show!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiSKKPpVLZY]review[/ame]

Edited by FLEX

Played it, hate it.

I found it clunky and cheap looking. Mini pinball reminded me of the $2 shop little plastic pinballs.

FG theme really couldn't get into like the simpsons theme.

If i had the choice I would prefer a shrek over a family guy pin.

IMO

Mini stewie pinball is the obvious feature of this game. It actually takes a couple of attempts to get the feel of it (feels very different). I also found that you need to sort of lean over the machine to see what you are doing properly.

I didn't get enough time on the machine to make an informed decision though. Been looking for one in Sydney ever since.

edit - as a fan of the family guy series, its easy to enjoy it, I think if you aren't a fan, it could well be a very annoying and crap pin.

It's not a bad game but funnily enough Shrek is better.

I know this seems wierd considering they have the same playfield design bet there ya go.

One cool feature is you can set the game to adult for more speach aimed at an older audience.

Definately for fans of the show.

im a huge fan of show,saw the u-tube vid,since then i wanted 1,well 1 turned up

in a time-out, couldnt get down there quick enuf to play,first quote when ball was put into shooter i knew i was gona buy my first nib pinball :)

3 months later it finally arrived,have to say there is nothing like unwrapping

a brand new pinball--the smell ahhhh!! :cool:

have now had machine over a year now and not got the wizzard mode(sperm attack):cry

have had some partys :) 9 out of 10 people rated this the best (fun) pin in my collction(tom was other ) not bad as i have gnr,tz,tom,totan,wh2o,jy,cfbl,dh,dw,hs2,taf,lah,wwf,tom, thats sum tough competition,:laugh:

trouble is there is a new contender that hasnt had a party yet a tspp

will this take top place??will have to have a party and find out :cool:

have heard there wasnt a high build number of fg (800) or so??seems strange as we have 3 in chch now,told that it earns well on site:unsure

i love this pin,if any one that likes the show will love this pin too,

clunky?? pins all are,most clunky to me was black rose :lol

clunky?? pins all are,most clunky to me was black rose :lol

clunky to me, means "not great flow". the list you quoted, i would play most of them before a family guy.

rating pins for me is easy, i call a spade a spade. I used to have an opinion before an after playing but now I always reserve till after playing.

Everyones tastes are different.

true, but fg still is a pat lawlor design :cool: to me this game has flow,humor,playability,its my kind of sick sense of humor:lolwho doesnt find fart sounds funny?:)

this might ruffle a few feathers......but my 2 sterns get more play than my bally/williams??since i have got simpsons pinball party my tz hasnt been turned on:cry that reminds me might go have a game it been awhile:cry:o lol

Played FG in a small arcade in ACT one night after a few beers. Found it fun and the mini playfield I thought was great. Would love to own one just because its FG. Will be on the lookout for one thats for sure.

I've had one for over 12 months. It was a 3 mth old HUO machine when I bought it. Quite simply I love it. Its not perfect but tell me which machine is? I know what mean when you say its a little clunky but that adds to the feel, and the smell!! I love the smell of this machine when I open it. It still smells good to this day. Like Pinmike I have some great machines as company for it but there is quite a few of those I would sell before I let FG go. Incidently I not a huge fan of family Guy so my love for it is not theme based. It just a great game & the longer I own it the more I like it.

Hey check out the header on mine. I bought this in the US they fit in place of the tournament sign. Cut from Aluminium & hand painted.

My Other half saw this one on the internet, he has always thought the idea of owning a Pin would be cool, but has always maintained that the expense was a bit much (usually we see them for around $2000-$2500), this one was listed at around $6000 i think......... his response was..."it's all good, we just can't pay the mortgage or eat for 6 weeks or so........... the bank will understand, it's Family Guy..............

admittedly, it does look pretty awesome, would be a nice one to start the collection with.

I've had one for over 12 months. It was a 3 mth old HUO machine when I bought it. Quite simply I love it. Its not perfect but tell me which machine is? I know what mean when you say its a little clunky but that adds to the feel, and the smell!! I love the smell of this machine when I open it. It still smells good to this day. Like Pinmike I have some great machines as company for it but there is quite a few of those I would sell before I let FG go. Incidently I not a huge fan of family Guy so my love for it is not theme based. It just a great game & the longer I own it the more I like it.

Hey check out the header on mine. I bought this in the US they fit in place of the tournament sign. Cut from Aluminium & hand painted.

nice one, I would have rathered a dif colour to blue only because it looks repetitive with the back glass. still looks good tho.

My Other half saw this one on the internet, he has always thought the idea of owning a Pin would be cool, but has always maintained that the expense was a bit much (usually we see them for around $2000-$2500), this one was listed at around $6000 i think......... his response was..."it's all good, we just can't pay the mortgage or eat for 6 weeks or so........... the bank will understand, it's Family Guy..............

admittedly, it does look pretty awesome, would be a nice one to start the collection with.

go out and get 1. go on, splash out!

Played this one at two different locations in Melbourne

Intencity at Chadstone shopping centre

&

Strike bowling bar at Galatic circus at Crown.

Found it to be OK, however get in into a quiet room at home and a true analysis of

play would be more accurate. Didnt particularly enjoy the playfield layout though, translite

is boring as all shit too...

That topper looks awesome!! color looks great against the machine-well done..

Peter

My personal thought is its a great pinball and the last Stern pin that really had good money spent on it and it shows. Pat designed it and spent way more than Gary Stern would have liked. By CSI his next project you could see the budget had been slashed dramatically and he quit half way through the project.

I would truly like to own own of these myself one day. Some have called it Sterns best and I would not disagree although my TSSP is my favorite.

The clunkiness is with all Sterns. Gary Stern actually likes it, as he loves mechanical action.

There is a Family Guy in Pennant Hills Hotel.

I played it last Thursday and enjoyed it - not bad from someone that is prejudiced towards EMs.

I liked the features and the mini-pinny was OK.

Awesome, looks like I'm going for a drive.